2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

I read in the Tribune that Dunn was wearing an Ed Farmer jersey when he took his live BP. Any ideas on where I can acquire this? It's one of those things that I need to have, even though wearing someone else's name on my back is one of maybe two things I agree with the awful human being Larry Holmes on. Sarah Kustok is probably the other.

I can make exceptions for Buehrle, Thomas, Konerko, Ozzie, and Ed Farmer.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 02:58 AM)
Both Peavy and Pierre stated that the team came out with no energy today. That's pretty frustrating to hear when you have your entire bench playing, as they should be your energizers.

That is frustrating. Maybe it's the Rockies. That is a pretty dull team except for Tulo.

But what's wrong with the Sox? You'd think they'd want to win the third game and thus, the series 2-1.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
That is frustrating. Maybe it's the Rockies. That is a pretty dull team except for Tulo.

But what's wrong with the Sox? You'd think they'd want to win the third game and thus, the series 2-1.

I'd probably include CarGo as well.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
Whaaaaaatttttt????? Dunn doesn't belong batting third even if he's hitting his career norms. I'm sorry, but you just don't bat a .250-.260 hitter third just because he has power. When Dunn is right he's the kind of guy you want batting fifth to give your cleanup hitter, Paulie, some good protection.

Dude walks a lot and hits for power. I would have no problem with him hitting 3rd if he were right. I'd prefer 4th, but 3rd would be OK.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
Both Peavy and Pierre stated that the team came out with no energy today. That's pretty frustrating to hear when you have your entire bench playing, as they should be your energizers.

Wonder why. Travel? Lack of amphetamines?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)
The Cubs have had the same problem for years with day games. There are lots of people who think that is the exact reason they don't ever win anything.

Most people blame it on the fact that the Cubs have to play so many day games though. One day game on a travel day should be manageable.

Unfortunately another day game today. Good news I guess is that they're coming down from altitude, which should be like a small boost.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 08:13 AM)
Most people blame it on the fact that the Cubs have to play so many day games though. One day game on a travel day should be manageable.

Unfortunately another day game today. Good news I guess is that they're coming down from altitude, which should be like a small boost.

they are going to Wrigley, they will be fine.

It's got to be Yankees-Mets in KC as well.

Do you know if it is? I can't believe there's no way to watch this game. They should have an exception on mlb.com for Chi-Chi and NY-NY. You should get to watch the game on there.

Edited by greg775

.168 and sinking like the Lusitania.

Seriously, the Royals have been playing like absolute crap. This should be the last series Dunn gets carte-blanche to play every day.

No way he should still be in there against the Twins (if he goes hitless for 4 more games), who are on another mini hot streak of 4 games in a row.

It would suck the life out of this team (and White Sox fans) if we don't at least split with them at home.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
I agree as well. KW had a quiet man crash on Fukodome a couple years ago.

It was never quiet. KW made a bigger offer than Hendry did, that was no secret. Fukudome just was lured away by the dreaminess of Cubdom