2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 03:47 AM)
This right here is just downright laughable. Milkman and I have had a ton of disagreements in our times on this board but he's been here for at least 6 or 7 years now, that's through good seasons and bad, to call him a fair weather fan, especially when you've been here for a whole week is f***in ludicrous.

Hey he called you a fare weather fan, nothin to get mad about. There is no such thing. Now if he called u a "fair weather fan" that'd be a different story.

Forgive my desire to edit tonight.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 06:09 PM)
Wow, just saw that Viciedo throw. What a stud!

It was such a strong throw it reached AJ maybe a little bit more than head high on the fly. It probably would have carried another 50-75 feet. I can't wait to see him uncork one from the warning track though no matter how strong your arm is you usually hit a cutoff man from that far.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
We won't miss a fare weather fan like yourself.

Who is this "we"? Are you on the White Sox? I believe you asked somebody this exact question earlier today.

And I've said repeatedly that I'd watch a terrible team rebuild. I hardly think that makes me a fair-weather fan. Good grammar, by the way. And I'm glad someone who joined the site 3 days ago can tell me I'm a fair-weather fan after I've followed this team religiously for years with the actual proof in my consistent posting.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
This right here is just downright laughable. Milkman and I have had a ton of disagreements in our times on this board but he's been here for at least 6 or 7 years now, that's through good seasons and bad, to call him a fair weather fan, especially when you've been here for a whole week is f***in ludicrous.

I honestly didn't read this post until I already posted. Awesome, Rowand.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 07:17 PM)
Thought of starting a thread on this but did anyone see Viciedo gun down Crowe at the plate. ? Here it is http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/mlb/gameda...09&c_id=cws 1st chance I've seen for him to show off that arm. Top gun !

I just saw this.

Holy s*** did you hear how the ball sounded when it hit AJ's glove??

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 02:35 AM)
Who is this "we"? Are you on the White Sox? I believe you asked somebody this exact question earlier today.

And I've said repeatedly that I'd watch a terrible team rebuild. I hardly think that makes me a fair-weather fan. Good grammar, by the way. And I'm glad someone who joined the site 3 days ago can tell me I'm a fair-weather fan after I've followed this team religiously for years with the actual proof in my consistent posting.

That's why I blocked this guy. He rants to me about using "we" then b****es to you, a man on Sox Fansite for years, for loving the team so much you would rather not see them lose than see them wither away under a babbling morons idiocy.

Also, if you hadn't quoted him, I wouldn't have seen the s*** grammar.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 02:37 AM)
I honestly didn't read this post until I already posted. Awesome, Rowand.

Rowand is f***ing awesome.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 06:21 AM)
:lolhitting

Greg with the funny!

Props to greg...props to greg. :lolhitting

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
So does mine.

Sergio has blown five saves hasn't he? He's 29 in 34 opportunities. Bobby was 27 saves with four blown last year. Remember that stretch last year when even as fatter Bobby, he was on a roll? Oh yes, people will tell me Bobby also sucked in games he lost or whatever. Matt Thornton really did a nice job in the role this year as well (sarcasm).

I'm not ripping on Sergio, I like him a lot, but the man has blown a few games as most all closers do.

Bobby is NOT the devil. Why would your head hurt when I point out those stats?? Some people act like Bobby never was productive in a White Sox uniform. Ever? Now somebody is going to respond and say 27 saves last year were totally worthless or misleading or something. I don't get it. Yes he's fat like Dunn. His production even last year, his worst in a long time, was 50 times better than equally fat Dunn's performance this year.

BTW, Juan is up to .286. For non Sabes people, he's putting together a nice average.

Yeah, KW really blew it by not bringing Bobby back this year. He's been great for Boston. They had a steal. Theo Epstein is a genius.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)
Yeah, KW really blew it by not bringing Bobby back this year. He's been great for Boston. They had a steal. Theo Epstein is a genius.

Who said I was mad we didn't bring Bobby back? That wasn't the discussion point. It was about calling players fat and I said I wouldn't do it anymore regarding Dunn.

Mark Buehrle's FA prospects, via Fangraphs

The real up in the air issue is the length of his deal. Various teams would offer him a three- or four-year deal with AAVs in the $12-$14 million range, but he may not want to pitch that much longer. With retirement clearly looming in the back of his head, a string of one- or two-year deals could close out his career, which makes him all the more attractive to potential suitors. An extra year or two couldn’t be used as a negotiating ploy, and Buehrle might actually be able extract more in consecutive, shorter-term deals than he would in a long-term contract. He’s in a no-risk zone.

Hopefully, Buehrle hits free agency because his case will be very interesting to follow. While fans value consistency in his sense, it remains to be seen just how much teams will value it on the free agent market, especially if he doesn’t want to sign a long-term deal, where that attribute becomes more important.

Edited by OilCan

I have to get this off my chest. In last week's 7 to 3 victory over Cleveland, Ozzie refused to pinch hit for Dunne (3 or 83) agains a lefty. I love Ozzie. I'm glad he is our manger. But he screwed this one up. And worse, he explained it (as I understand it because I didn't hear this) by saying the guy is payed $14 million and therefore I'm going to use him.

Before I even heard this feeble rationale, I thought about the fans at the game who paid good money, some hundreds of dollars, to see good baseball. This was not good baseball and there is no way to excuse it. Ozzie should be ashamed of himself and apologize to the fans who deserved more

QUOTE (loidwalden @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
I have to get this off my chest. In last week's 7 to 3 victory over Cleveland, Ozzie refused to pinch hit for Dunne (3 or 83) agains a lefty. I love Ozzie. I'm glad he is our manger. But he screwed this one up. And worse, he explained it (as I understand it because I didn't hear this) by saying the guy is payed $14 million and therefore I'm going to use him.

Before I even heard this feeble rationale, I thought about the fans at the game who paid good money, some hundreds of dollars, to see good baseball. This was not good baseball and there is no way to excuse it. Ozzie should be ashamed of himself and apologize to the fans who deserved more

It really, really was a damn good post.

Welcome.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 10:14 AM)
The Tigers now have the second-biggest lead on their closest team in any division in baseball. The only one with more is the Phillies with a 12-game lead on the Braves. Oh, and the Braves are still the Wild Card team by a large margin.

Pathetic.

Detroit has the 5th best record out of the 6 division leaders as well.

In any other division, the closest the Sox would be to 2nd place would be 3.5 games in the NL West.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 10:14 AM)
The Tigers now have the second-biggest lead on their closest team in any division in baseball. The only one with more is the Phillies with a 12-game lead on the Braves. Oh, and the Braves are still the Wild Card team by a large margin.

Pathetic.

So you are openly rooting for the Sox to lose while complaining about how far out of first place they are? Talk about having your cake and eating it too.