southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope not.

That means his contract has become a bust OR Carlos Quentin has returned to 2008 MVP form.

We need both the "old" Dunn and 2008 Quentin to make a charge. That said, the 2008 Quentin hitting 3rd makes perfect sense, he's much more dangerous and has the higher OBP than Dunn.

Still, you have to believe in the ability of Dunn to drive him in now, instead of HOPING Dunn would somehow get on with a walk or double or anything non-strikeout related and then Konerko or Carlos could plate him.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 24, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
I hope not.

That means his contract has become a bust OR Carlos Quentin has returned to 2008 MVP form.

If Dunn hits like his career norms he is a perfect number five hitter.

The only legit number three currently on the roster is Quentin-circa 2008, that is- so we better hope he regains his form. Konerko is the perfect cleanup hitter.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 25, 2011 -> 11:22 PM)
When the Sox were 11-22, would you have taken 12-6 the next 18 games? That's what they've done.

Now let's get 4-5 wins in Toronto and Boston and come home and start kicking ass.

Good luck to our crap team in Toronto and Boston. I hope for the best. We shall see.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
The White Sox are fine and need not worry about the standings. Carlos Santana is doing about as well as Beckham.

4-5 or 5-4 and they are set up well for the summer.

Should the offense wake up, they will be just fine.

The thing that separates Santana and Beckham is Santana's unusual plate discipline for a young player. His BB/K rate is still about 1/1. He's not a .200 hitter. Trust me. Beckham? I don't know what the hell he is.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ May 26, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
The Indians magic number is 108...

162+1-30-28=105 for Sox (to be eliminated)

I got 109 for Cleveland to clinch. 162+1-30-24=109 Detroit lost today

Edited by Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 26, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
Dunn will bat 7th tomorrow.

I'm okay with moving him down just so he's at the plate less.

But you know they're going to say that they're doing so to allow him to see better pitches. I think that is so false. At this level, every single pitcher knows who Adam Dunn is, they know his trends, etc. He gets pitched the same way no matter where he is.

Anyways, sorry Adam, you made us do this.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:41 PM)
Indians, Sox, and Tigers all have 30 quality starts.

Indians 23-7

Tigers 20-10

Sox 18-12

Masterson and Tomlin are 18 for 19 in QS. That's not going to last, and that's why they'll come back to earth.

I also think Ass Cabrera will cool off, he can still have a hell of a career year and cool off from where he is. Although with offense Santana or Choo can pick up some of his regression.

I believe I'm correct that the Sox haven't had any rain outs and Cle and Det have had a handful. I can see that being a bonus for the Sox in the summer where Cle and Det have to play double headers or goofy one day series that will hopefully tax a starting rotation and pen and the Sox will have off days etc... Hey, looking for any silver lining and the team is actually showing signs of life.

Indians 23-7

Tigers 20-10

Sox 18-12

Masterson and Tomlin are 18 for 19 in QS. That's not going to last, and that's why they'll come back to earth.

I still refuse to consider the Indians as first place. I see us as 2.5 back from Detroit for 1st place.

Indians 23-7

Tigers 20-10

Sox 18-12

Masterson is the real deal. He won't be as good as he has been, but he's got talent. Tomlin on the other hand...yeah he's a mirage.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 27, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
I still refuse to consider the Indians as first place. I see us as 2.5 back from Detroit for 1st place.

I think you are crazy.

Ever hear of surprise teams that win divisions? You think the Twins on paper have had great teams the last several years?

s*** happens.

Cleveland will finish ahead of the Sox barring more and more injuries.

Edited by greg775