2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 06:05 PM)
You mean he's laughing cause no way he'll pay Rios?

Or that he's laughing cause Rios is such a s***ty player he wouldn't want Rios?

Pls. explain.

Because there's no way on Earth he'd give up a couple young arms with promise and simultaneously take on the $44 million still remaining on Rios's contract with his .575 OPS.

If you put him on waivers, it's possible some team could gamble on him, it's happened before. But "a couple young arms with promise"?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
Because there's no way on Earth he'd give up a couple young arms with promise and simultaneously take on the $44 million still remaining on Rios's contract with his .575 OPS.

If you put him on waivers, it's possible some team could gamble on him, it's happened before. But "a couple young arms with promise"?

OK I just wanted to see if you were agreeing with me that he's terrible.

I'll change it to trading him for 2 minor leaguers of any kind, then.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 01:53 AM)
Too bad hindsight is 20/20 as well.

Yeah, that seems to be the standard response when anybody brings up our deplorable draft history. Jared Mitchell instead Mike Trout? Hindsight is 20/20. Lance Broadway instead of Jacoby Ellsbury, Colby Rasmus or Matt Garza? Hindsight is 20/20. Juan Pierre instead of Babe Ruth? Hindsight is 20/20. Yes, I totally used hyperbole with that last one. The point is what the hell is our scouting department getting paid to do? You could hire me and I could botch draft after draft for half the salary.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
Hey... does anyone ever go to Barcardi at the park when the Sox are playing on the road? Is it even open? I wouldn't mind going down there to watch the Sox v. Minnesota.

The director of operations was on air during the game last week. Right now, I believe he said they are trying to work something out, but they are not open during road games yet.

QUOTE (MAX @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
The director of operations was on air during the game last week. Right now, I believe he said they are trying to work something out, but they are not open during road games yet.

Ah okay thanks. It would be cool to go down there and watch games on the big screen with sound and all.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 01:37 AM)
The Sox will now have 55 division games after July 3rd.

Tigers- 12

Twins- 14

Indians- 13

Royals- 16

There's your season.

It's that way every season. Got to beat the teams in your own division and Sox have sucked at that last year and change.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 08:47 AM)
Not sure if this was posted but..

Edwin Jackson vs Daniel Hudson, Friday. I would hope J4L has scout seats for this one.

Maybe the DBacks will bring up Brandon Allen for the series. He's having a decent year at AAA Reno. 60 games, .299 BA, 9 HR, 39 RBI.

I know a few weeks ago, people were saying that the Marlins wouldn't be an option for Ozzie since they were doing so well. Since then, they've imploded and look to be on their way to a disappointing season. Just something to keep an eye on for the next few months.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 12:40 PM)
I know a few weeks ago, people were saying that the Marlins wouldn't be an option for Ozzie since they were doing so well. Since then, they've imploded and look to be on their way to a disappointing season. Just something to keep an eye on for the next few months.

I'd still trade him for Logan Morrison in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
I'd still trade him for Logan Morrison in a heartbeat.

What's faster than a heartbeat? That's how fast I'd do that, as Morrison is going to be a stud and he seems like a great clubhouse guy also.