southsider2k5

2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

Swisher now leading off for Yanks with Jeter on DL. Marquez part of the bullpen still.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)
Fun times may be ahead for Interleague play, per Rotoword:

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said Thursday that Adam Dunn will get starts at first base and potentially the outfield during interleague play.

If you are gonna do it, Saturday is the day to make it happen. Check out the career stats vs. Zach Duke:

Dunn 8-17, 1 2B, 2 HR, 3 BB, .471/.550/.882

Pierre 4-24, .167/.167/.167

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
If you are gonna do it, Saturday is the day to make it happen. Check out the career stats vs. Zach Duke:

Yeah, but Pierre is faster than Dunn.

I don't know if this has been posted before, but all of a sudden Beckham's underachieving makes perfect sense.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)

none.of.that.means.a.god.damn.thing

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)
Swisher now leading off for Yanks with Jeter on DL. Marquez part of the bullpen still.

If only he'd successfully done that with the Sox, think of how many fewer things we'd have to complain about (the return on the trade with the Yankess, no Pierre...)

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 08:20 AM)
If only he'd successfully done that with the Sox, think of how many fewer things we'd have to complain about (the return on the trade with the Yankess, no Pierre...)

Not possible. Swisher's brain can't handle leading off. That was why he struggled so much in 2008 and why it was a mistake to trade him away.

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:55 AM)
I don't know if this has been posted before, but all of a sudden Beckham's underachieving makes perfect sense.

All I have to say is one of the comments...

duh hes super hot & a good 3rd basemen

ksoftballchick73

Ozzie will probably leave Pierre in and have an outfield of Pierre,Rios and Dunn. OUCH!

By winning percentage, the White Sox have the easiest interleague schedule in the AL. Gotta clean up.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:47 AM)
By winning percentage, the White Sox have the easiest interleague schedule in the AL. Gotta clean up.

Knowing how bad the Sox have played against teams under .500, that's bad news.

QUOTE (since56 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
Ozzie will probably leave Pierre in and have an outfield of Pierre,Rios and Dunn. OUCH!

Adam Dunn in the outfield is a laughable thought. You just know he's going to cost us a game or two at first or in the outfield.

KW, what's so difficult about realizing we've been shut out 10 times and the lineup needs more punch? If Oz won't go along, fire him.

Juan is the odd man out so Viciedo should be up and fast.

If Rios ever got his head out of his ass, it'd be a decent offensive outfield of Dayan, Rios and CQ, thought I'd rather see it be Dayan, Lilly/Rios splitting time, and CQ.

Edited by greg775

Lillibridge in LF leading off, Morel batting 2nd, Ramirez 5th, Castro 7th tomorrow.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:58 PM)
Lillibridge in LF leading off, Morel batting 2nd, Ramirez 5th, Castro 7th tomorrow.

Is that your wish list? Has to be.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:50 AM)
Is that your wish list? Has to be.

Oh s***, just jumped on Twitter. That's the truth. Well, f***, at least it's something different. It's not Viciedo, but it's some sort of shake-up at least.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:53 AM)
Oh s***, just jumped on Twitter. That's the truth. Well, f***, at least it's something different. It's not Viciedo, but it's some sort of shake-up at least.

it's not a shake up. We are facing a lefty. It's the arbitrary I can give aj and jp a day off.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:58 AM)
it's not a shake up. We are facing a lefty. It's the arbitrary I can give aj and jp a day off.

Ozzie officially has no f*cking clue:

Pierre: .316/.451/.784 this season vs. Lefty pitching

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:59 AM)

Career 4-24 (.167/.167/.167) vs. Zach Duke

Splits. You are funny. The hand a person favors dictates match ups. Not your silly stats.

I don't even think Ozzie is fooled by a 50 PA sample size. JP is awful and needs to be benched for at least a week.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 01:03 AM)
I don't even think Ozzie is fooled by a 50 PA sample size. JP is awful and needs to be benched for at least a week.

He needs to be DFA'd yesterday.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:58 AM)

Morel in the 2 hole? Alexei in the 5 spot? That's a shake-up. May not be here to stay, but at least he isn't copy and pasting the same s*** lineup again.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 01:39 AM)
Morel in the 2 hole? Alexei in the 5 spot? That's a shake-up. May not be here to stay, but at least he isn't copy and pasting the same s*** lineup again.

I don't mind Morel in the #2 hole, at least he puts the ball into play.. in fact, if it was permanently Morel at #2 and Alexei at #5 I would like that a hell of a lot more than seeing AJ come up to bat 5th

Oh, and I am also pretty sure I despise Beckham more than Pierre at this point.. that dude has been a major disappointment

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:30 AM)
Oh, and I am also pretty sure I despise Beckham more than Pierre at this point.. that dude has been a major disappointment

Offensively, he's been every bit as bad as Pierre. Major disappointment is an understatement.