2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:41 AM)
Offensively, he's been every bit as bad as Pierre. Major disappointment is an understatement.

I was going to say collosal but I dont know if thats spelled right and my spell check is not giving me an option for it when I left click it.. so to save myself from looking dumb, I changed it to major..

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:43 AM)
I was going to say collosal but I dont know if thats spelled right and my spell check is not giving me an option for it when I left click it.. so to save myself from looking dumb, I changed it to major..

Colossal is appropriate. I've grown tired of ripping on Pierre. He's bad. We all know this. Gordon hasn't really been thrown under the bus yet. This guy is absolutely clueless for what was supposed to be such an advanced college hitter. I'd give anything for Smoak right now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:48 AM)
Colossal is appropriate. I've grown tired of ripping on Pierre. He's bad. We all know this. Gordon hasn't really been thrown under the bus yet. This guy is absolutely clueless for what was supposed to be such an advanced college hitter. I'd give anything for Smoak right now.

Yep, pretty much what I was thinking.. but then again im not one of those people who kill myself over players who aren't here because they were traded by us or passed over by us in the draft..

And that's funny that I said that in response to your post, but its purely coincidental and not directed at you

How good would this team be?

1. Lillibridge LF

2. Ramirez SS

3. Quentin RF

4. Konerko 1B

5. Young CF

6. Allen DH

7. Pierzynski C

8. Beckham 2B

9. Morel 3B

1. Buehrle

2. Danks

3. Floyd

4. Hudson

5. Gio

CL Santos

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 03:01 AM)

1. Lillibridge LF

2. Ramirez SS

3. Quentin RF

4. Konerko 1B

5. Young CF

6. Allen DH

7. Pierzynski C

8. Beckham 2B

9. Morel 3B

1. Buehrle

2. Danks

3. Floyd

4. Hudson

5. Gio

CL Santos

Assuming that Young, Hudson and Gio became the same players with us as they have the organizations they're in right now, much better. And with those three in place, you have money to upgrade other areas. There's no Dunn and Peavy sucking up a good majority of the payroll.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 03:20 AM)
Assuming that Young, Hudson and Gio became the same players with us as they have the organizations they're in right now, much better. And with those three in place, you have money to upgrade other areas. There's no Dunn and Peavy sucking up a good majority of the payroll.

At least Konerko and AJ wouldn't be here under that scenario. The payroll cuts required probably would have dictated a few other being gone as well to offset the falling attendence to play through the rebuilding years. I'm going Buerhle and Danks gone as well.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:29 AM)
I don't mind Morel in the #2 hole, at least he puts the ball into play.. in fact, if it was permanently Morel at #2 and Alexei at #5 I would like that a hell of a lot more than seeing AJ come up to bat 5th

I agree. I like giving Morel a chance in the two hole because he does consistently make contact and hits the ball to the right side. Alexei needs to be in an RBI position with the current personnel in the lineup.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:30 AM)
Oh, and I am also pretty sure I despise Beckham more than Pierre at this point.. that dude has been a major disappointment

I expected Beckham to be a solid player - sort of a Tadahito Iguchi of '05 type. Now I doubt he will ever be that good.

Question - should the White Sox trade Edwin Jackson by the trade deadline if they continue to sort of hang around, but not really contend (if they hover below the .500 mark)? He's likely to walk away at the end of the season considering he's making around $8 or $9 million a season, and the White Sox are unlikely to resign him given that Chris Sale is probably going to join the rotation to complement Danks, Floyd, Humber and Peavy. I haven't even mentioned Buehrle because I still feel that they are going to work something out with him, which could put Danks or Floyd on the block in the off-season, but that's another conversation.

If they do look to move Jackson, what are they looking for? Just the best availble minor league talent OR a guy who has MLB experience who is under contract? If I were in control, it would have to be for a good prospect (pitching preferably).

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 03:01 AM)

1. Lillibridge LF

2. Ramirez SS

3. Quentin RF

4. Konerko 1B

5. Young CF

6. Allen DH

7. Pierzynski C

8. Beckham 2B

9. Morel 3B

1. Buehrle

2. Danks

3. Floyd

4. Hudson

5. Gio

CL Santos

That's alot of strikeouts in the 5-6 places. Teams would IBB konerko every chance they got.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:01 AM)

1. Lillibridge LF

2. Ramirez SS

3. Quentin RF

4. Konerko 1B

5. Young CF

6. Allen DH

7. Pierzynski C

8. Beckham 2B

9. Morel 3B

1. Buehrle

2. Danks

3. Floyd

4. Hudson

5. Gio

CL Santos

Sweeney would be in outfield.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 09:05 AM)
At least Konerko and AJ wouldn't be here under that scenario. The payroll cuts required probably would have dictated a few other being gone as well to offset the falling attendence to play through the rebuilding years. I'm going Buerhle and Danks gone as well.

How far are you figuring attendance could possibly fall from here? We've had 3 disappointing seasons in a row with a terrible start to the last 2 seasons.

Right now we're currently averaging fewer per game than we've seen since 2002. Last year was the worst year for attendance since 2004.

If there's a practical bottom, it's probably around 1.9 million, and last year we were at 2.1 million.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 12:25 PM)
Adam Dunn in the outfield is a laughable thought. You just know he's going to cost us a game or two at first or in the outfield.

KW, what's so difficult about realizing we've been shut out 10 times and the lineup needs more punch? If Oz won't go along, fire him.

Juan is the odd man out so Viciedo should be up and fast.

If Rios ever got his head out of his ass, it'd be a decent offensive outfield of Dayan, Rios and CQ, thought I'd rather see it be Dayan, Lilly/Rios splitting time, and CQ.

I saw Dunn play several games in outfield for Wash. Brutal.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:41 AM)
This guy is absolutely clueless for what was supposed to be such an advanced college hitter. Offensively, he's been every bit as bad as Pierre. Major disappointment is an understatement.

As usual, don't let actual reality interfere with your hyperbole:

Beckham last 28 days:

.265/.351/.718

Perfectly acceptable for a 2B.

Edited by bucket-of-suck

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)

Beckham last 28 days:

.265/.351/.718

the problem for me is it feels like there should be more from him

Beckham last 28 days:

.265/.351/.718

What is it with you and singling out a week or 10 days of decent production and trying to overshadow what has been horrific production overall?

Beckham last 28 days:

.265/.351/.718

Eh, there are much higher expectations for Beckham than old man Polanco or Skip Schumaker type numbers. He was the #8 overall pick, #20 prospect in baseball in 2009 ahead of guys like Porcello, Smoak, Santana and McCutchen. I think we expect numbers similar to what he put up in May (.303/.379.421/.800) instead of the incredible inconsistency we're getting from him now (.205/.286/.364/.649 in the month of June) along with the frequent awful at bats (1 or 2 a game where he just looks clueless at the plate, even when he's going well). He's supposed to be one of the best 2B in the league, not an average to below average offensive second baseman especially with the league averages as low as they are right now (AL: .680 OPS at 2B compared to .719 last year and .764 in 2009).

Beckham last 28 days:

.265/.351/.718

8th overall pick, 25, "sky is the limit", and that's the stretch of baseball you use to prove he's perfectly acceptable? A .718 OPS?

I'll sell you my Beckham jersey (size M) on the cheap since you are still a believer.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 08:41 AM)
Offensively, he's been every bit as bad as Pierre. Major disappointment is an understatement.

When he's going good, which has been a rare occurrence, he just seems like a star in the making.

Line drives, great looking hitter.

But my god he looks bad a lot. Beckham waving at pitches is a sorry sight.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
I think it's well past the time to pick on Will Ohman for awhile. Where's the hate for him?

Ohman is now getting on a roll doing his job, getting lefties out. He got hit a couple times by them early in the season, now his numbers against LHP are averaging out.

It's not his fault someone makes him pitch to righties.