2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread

danman31

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 20, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
Wait, this is Terry Doyle's father? How cool!

Can't wait to finally have a starting pitcher to follow in B'Ham! lol, AA was so barren w/ anything good on the starting pitching end.

Axelrod and Leesman don't do it for ya? I'd say they're on par with Doyle and Leesman probably ahead simply because he's a lefty.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NHDadUmp-RI @ May 20, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)
Saturday, first start! Told it was a "spot start", but maybe... Flying to Jax, car-less don't you know.

Need a good start T!

(BTFW, Mr Doyle's my fathers name. "John" works fine for me.)

That would be when Matt Zaleski would have been scheduled to go, I'm assuming that Nevin Griffith is being bumped from the rotation since he's been shelled so much. Leesman, Axlerod, Doyle, Zaleski, Edwards will probably be the new rotation, in that order. Hey, if I'm right, Terry will be starting the Rickwood game. That's if he's third in the rotation. Just trying to be respectful.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 20, 2011 -> 02:49 PM)
That would be when Matt Zaleski would have been scheduled to go, I'm assuming that Nevin Griffith is being bumped from the rotation since he's been shelled so much. Leesman, Axlerod, Doyle, Zaleski, Edwards will probably be the new rotation, in that order. Hey, if I'm right, Terry will be starting the Rickwood game. That's if he's third in the rotation. Just trying to be respectful.

Nevermind, Zaleski was promoted to Charlotte, Brandon Hynick was traded to the Reds.

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ May 21, 2011 -> 04:19 AM)
Do you think that the Sox could get Bryce Harper for all of their minor league players?

Hell no. What minor leaguers do we have that anyone would be craving for besides Viciedo?

Terry Doyle is still in line to start the Rickwood game, Mr. John Doyle. You should come down to see him pitch, I think I can get you a ticket. ;)

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ May 21, 2011 -> 09:21 AM)
Another player from the Swisher trade to the A's called up to the majors:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sns-tsn-aan-...0,1536107.story

This trade gets me mad everytime I think about it. Imagine having Sweeney playing LF and leading off, to go along with Gio and DLS. I still think DLS could be the prize of the package and become a real nasty set up man or closer.

QUOTE (NHDadUmp-RI @ May 21, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
Remember you said that...

I can't promise he'll start Rickwood, if there is a postponment that shuffles the rotation, I can't control that. But, as of right now, he'd be the one. Even if I had to miss the game, I would make sure you got to go if you came to Birmingham. I have two tickets already, I doubt I'll use both. I'm off that day from work, but my wife isn't.

Edited by JPN366

Before trying to trade for a third baseman, the Rockies probably will see what they can get from Josh Fields. The former White Sox player entered the weekend hitting .363 with seven homers and 30 RBIs for Triple-A Colorado Springs.

from Phil Rogers' "Whispers" at www.chicagotribune.com/sports

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 22, 2011 -> 12:07 AM)
Before trying to trade for a third baseman, the Rockies probably will see what they can get from Josh Fields. The former White Sox player entered the weekend hitting .363 with seven homers and 30 RBIs for Triple-A Colorado Springs.

from Phil Rogers' "Whispers" at www.chicagotribune.com/sports

Well I already know what they will see from Fields: a lot of swing and misses with the occasional glimpse of power.

After being activated from the DL Friday, Jon Gilmore has been placed back om the DL. Hector Santiago gets a much deserved promotion to Birmingham. J.R. Ballinger moves up to Winston-Salem. Kannapolis has two open roster spots.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 22, 2011 -> 11:11 AM)
After being activated from the DL Friday, Jon Gilmore has been placed back om the DL. Hector Santiago gets a much deserved promotion to Birmingham. J.R. Ballinger moves up to Winston-Salem. Kannapolis has two open roster spots.

What is going on with Gilmore?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 22, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)
What is going on with Gilmore?

I know he got hit on the hand that he hurt in ST in his second game back and that's why he's been on the DL.

Wes Whisler and J.R. Ballinger have been demoted to Kannapolis and Leroy Hunt has been promoted to Winston-Salem. Apparently, Wes Whisler has been converted to a submarine pitcher, thus explaining his troubles with walks even in High A.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 22, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
I know he got hit on the hand that he hurt in ST in his second game back and that's why he's been on the DL.

Per the Saturday Barons audio broadcast, Gilmore went back on the DL for a "knee problem".

QUOTE (NHDadUmp-RI @ May 23, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
Per the Saturday Barons audio broadcast, Gilmore went back on the DL for a "knee problem".

Thanks for the info. Glad he has two injuries to deal with now... :fight

QUOTE (NHDadUmp-RI @ May 23, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)

I wonder how that happened?

Edited by JPN366