2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread

danman31

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)
The whole LeBron thing is kinda funny. It'd be a lot funnier if it weren't the Cubs of all teams (even their minor league teams) mocking someone for a lack of rings. 103 years and counting? I've lost track.

Absolutely...there's some great irony there!

nickpiecoro Nick Piecoro

Jackson/Hudson deal keeps looking better RT @OwenSerey Holmberg dominant again tonight. 7 IP, 10 K's, 2 hits. 27 consecutive scoreless IP

4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

The bad trade continues to be bad.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)
KW has truly sodomized this organization with his horrific and short-sighted moves the last 3+ years.

I truly think a rebuild is in the cards sometime in the near future. Not sure I would want Kenny in charge of it though.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
I truly think a rebuild is in the cards sometime in the near future. Not sure I would want Kenny in charge of it though.

I'm praying for it. I got my World Series at 22. I can wait. It'll suck. But this just can't continue. And like you said, we won't be able to get started on this until Ozzie and KW are gone. So maybe another beatdown by the Twins wouldn't be the absolute worst thing in the world in the long-run (I obviously hope that's not the case and we win the division). But I have serious doubts, obviously.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 10:41 PM)
Would Holmberg be our #1 pitching prospect?

Unquestionably. Also, how good is Julio Teheran? The kid is 20 and sporting an ERA OF 1.78 at AAA. I f***ing hate the Braves. Their scouts must've sold their souls to the baseball devils or somethin'. They been doin' this s*** for 20+ years.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
I would imagine so. I think Reed would be his only real competition, and he's a reliever.

Petricka could be close, but the lack of a promotion to High-A followed by his injury stops that.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
Petricka could be close, but the lack of a promotion to High-A followed by his injury stops that.

Indeed. Also the fact that Holmberg is only 19 in Low-A whereas Petricka is 23.

I truly believe that the Jackson/Hudson + Holmberg trade happened because Washington's GM wanted a proven SP for Dunn at the deadline, then backed out on a Dunn/Jackson trade after KW made the first part of the trade with Arizona.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 05:05 AM)
I truly believe that the Jackson/Hudson + Holmberg trade happened because Washington's GM wanted a proven SP for Dunn at the deadline, then backed out on a Dunn/Jackson trade after KW made the first part of the trade with Arizona.

And I said at the time...if that's the case, and KW got caught with a player he didn't want, that's as blatant of a fireable offense as there is in sports.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
KW has truly sodomized this organization with his horrific and short-sighted moves the last 3+ years.

Right On. But, I never see any evidence that he brought on the carpet. This is the Age of Accountibility, except for our GM.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:08 PM)
It seems like we haven't had anyone make the Hot Sheet this year, but finally Eduardo Escobar showed up this week. Problem is, it was in the "not hot" section.

It's actually hilarious Viciedo hasn't been on there this year.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 06:13 PM)
It's actually hilarious Viciedo hasn't been on there this year.

I do agree with this. Too often this year, it's been a resource to promote Royals/Rays prospects. I know their farm systems are great, but they seem to favor those guys more.

Former White Sox minor league outfielder Salvador Sanchez has rejoined the organization and is now a pitcher. He is on the Great Falls roster. He had signed with the Rangers organization and started the process of converting to pitcher, but he was released by Texas recently.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)
Former White Sox minor league outfielder Salvador Sanchez has rejoined the organization and is now a pitcher. He is on the Great Falls roster. He had signed with the Rangers organization and started the process of converting to pitcher, but he was released by Texas recently.

Negron, Septimo, and now Sanchez

Is Jared Mitchell gonna be our next outfield to pitcher in the organization?

With the "Poreda" watch this week, can anyone shed some light on a question for me? If someone is on the 40-man roster do they get paid the major league minimum? I was in Memphis last year and Timo Perez was playing for the opposing team and someone said he is making six figures, how can that be?

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 08:57 AM)
With the "Poreda" watch this week, can anyone shed some light on a question for me? If someone is on the 40-man roster do they get paid the major league minimum? I was in Memphis last year and Timo Perez was playing for the opposing team and someone said he is making six figures, how can that be?

Teams will sign guys to minor league contracts for six figures sometimes.