2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread

danman31

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
Jeremy Reed is now a member of the Twins organization. It's going to be okay, Gerry.

Just when I'm good with him leaving, he just had to come back to my team's division... :crying

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 06:54 AM)
Just when I'm good with him leaving, he just had to come back to my team's division... :crying

Considering the shape of the Twins, he could certainly get some run at the MLB level too.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
Michael Blanke has been promoted to Winston-Salem.

Good - the catching situation in W-S was a giant black hole anyway, a couple filler guys hitting .200 or worse.

Now, who catches at Kanny? Do they give Dubler full time play? Not likely. Gonzalez maybe? Or demote Bour to Kanny?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
Odd timing considering his recent slump.

Have you looked at the catchers W-S is running out there so far?

Also, I'd guess this means Gonzalez or someone else is pushing up from extended ST and they didn't want to send that player to A+.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
Good - the catching situation in W-S was a giant black hole anyway, a couple filler guys hitting .200 or worse.

Now, who catches at Kanny? Do they give Dubler full time play? Not likely. Gonzalez maybe? Or demote Bour to Kanny?

They had an open roster spot in W-S. Sierra can play other positions. Whoever has to leave Charlotte when Teahen goes up and one of the pitchers in Chicago goes down, they can go to B'ham. B'ham has one open roster spot currently. Axelrod is on the DL. Maybe Blackwood or Gonzalez goes to Kanny. Kanny has two open roster spots.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 10:09 AM)
Um, what did he do wrong?

Acted immature. Watched his home run leave the park like he hasn't hit one in his entire life. And blew the kiss at the end.

If he did that in the majors, he would have a nice bruise on his back the next day.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 10:12 AM)
Acted immature. Watched his home run leave the park like he hasn't hit one in his entire life. And blew the kiss at the end.

If he did that in the majors, he would have a nice bruise on his back the next day.

He is still only 18.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 10:14 AM)
He is still only 18.

He should still know better than that. You learn how to play baseball the right way when you start playing highly competitive baseball, which he has since 10 years old probably.