2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread

danman31

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:46 AM)
How many do we currently have on our 40 man roster? If he is added to the 40-man does that not impact service time or is it solely time with the big league club?

I see 37 on the 40-man and being added to the 40-man does not impact service time.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
Kuhn is back in Charlotte.

Crud, now everyone I know is gone right before they come to Tennessee.

JPN, can you give me a heads up for guys to take a close look at next week?

Alternatively, if Zach Stewart winds up in Birmingham, can you tell me what day he's scheduled to go?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)

Alternatively, if Zach Stewart winds up in Birmingham, can you tell me what day he's scheduled to go?

Same here. I'm going to try to go to Sunday's game, but I might to another game too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)

Short and Martinez

And Gilmore.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
FYI, there is a lot of open roster space in Birmingham, 3 spots. One is for Terry Doyle, he's coming off the DL Friday.

Gilbert is going to Winston-Salem with Pangilinan taking his spot in Kanny. The Intimidators put it on twitter, but it's not official on either roster. Someone from Winston-Salem is going to Birmingham.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
FYI, there is a lot of open roster space in Birmingham, 3 spots. One is for Terry Doyle, he's coming off the DL Friday.

Is Charlotte full still (or does bringing up De Aza open a spot?)

Trying to guess where Stewart will go.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
Is Charlotte full still (or does bringing up De Aza open a spot?)

Trying to guess where Stewart will go.

B'ham probably, he's been in AA for Toronto all year except for his major league stint. Charlotte is full, they have Restovich on the DL and Gallagher on the inactive list.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
B'ham probably, he's been in AA for Toronto all year except for his major league stint. Charlotte is full, they have Restovich on the DL and Gallagher on the inactive list.

Ok, so if he goes to BHam, can you give me a heads up when his next start is scheduled? I've got 2 passes to any Smokies game, I can just grab whenever he's pitching.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
Gilbert is going to Winston-Salem with Pangilinan taking his spot in Kanny. The Intimidators put it on twitter, but it's not official on either roster. Someone from Winston-Salem is going to Birmingham.

Maybe Saladino, but I still think it will be Colligan going on the DL. He's been talking about his ankle being hurt on Twitter and he hasn't played in the past few days. Saladino moving up wouldn't make sense with Gilbert going up to W-S. W-S would need another infielder instead. Maybe Gac moves up, but right now Gilmore is DH'ing for B'ham, Loman is at first. Gilmore could play third, but he's a butcher there.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
Ok, so if he goes to BHam, can you give me a heads up when his next start is scheduled? I've got 2 passes to any Smokies game, I can just grab whenever he's pitching.

Looks like he's on full rest, so he could pitch anytime. I'll let you know what spot in the rotation he goes if he starts this homestand. Santiago goes tonight, Leesman probably goes Thursday, Doyle Friday and probably Edwards Saturday. Seeing how bad Griffith has been lately, I wouldn't be surprised if Stewart starts in his place Sunday in the series opener up there.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)

Is Gilbert ready to be moved up to W-S?

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 07:39 PM)
I just saw on the Sox web site that Zach Stewart is our #4 prospect.

I could see that. Not many people still like Thompson, but I had him ahead of Reed when we voted for the midseason rankings. I'm surprised someone else went with that though.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:53 PM)
Viciedo, Reed, and...Thompson?

No one here is going to agree with Sox web page of top prospects, but...

Viciedo

Escobar

Infante

Stewart

Short

Mitchell

Flowers

Phegley

Reed

Petricka