2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread

danman31

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)
When does Zach Stewart make his debut? He hasn't pitched since the 22nd, and it was a great start.

Right now, for the Knights. It's on MiLB.tv right now, they're playing at Durham.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:53 AM)
Has he had shoulder problems?

Leg and wrist/hand. I think he just throws like that. It's odd, he looks like he's going to try to throw overhand, then he ends up submarining it. It's some kind of weird tick. He's already started playing 1B, I imagine he'll be there permanently next year.

Tyler Williams, the son of Sox general manager Ken Williams, is experiencing a difficult transition to professional ball. The younger Williams, a third baseman, is 2-for-17 with 11 strikeouts at Advanced Rookie Bristol.

Williams originally signed with Arizona but was released last month after striking out 20 times in 24 at-bats with the Diamondbacks' rookie team in the Arizona League.

MG

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)

Ugh. Maybe that's why he wasn't drafted, hello!? I look forward to the day when we don't have to read these brown nosing articles about Kenny's awful kids.

Great, like we need another one of Ozzie's spoiled kids bad mouthing the organization. Maybe Ozney should shut his mouth until the silver spoon is out of his mouth and esophagus.

Look, KW Jr. and now Tyler are terrible at baseball but at least they don't open their mouths.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 06:49 PM)
Great, like we need another one of Ozzie's spoiled kids bad mouthing the organization. Maybe Ozney should shut his mouth until the silver spoon is out of his mouth and esophagus.

Look, KW Jr. and now Tyler are terrible at baseball but at least they don't open their mouths.

So...we need to give Ozney and Oney AA and AAA level at bats and signing bonuses to keep them quiet?

Addison Reed is John Sickels' Prospect of the Day

In just one year, Chicago White Sox relief prospect Addison Reed rose from college ball at San Diego State, to Triple-A and the cusp of the major leagues.

Addison Reed began his career in the San Diego State bullpen as a freshman in 2008, posting a 2.73 ERA with a 26/8 K/BB ratio in 26 innings. In 2009 he took on a larger role, seizing the closer job behind ace starter Stephen Strasburg, picking up 20 saves with a miniscule 0.65 ERA and a sharp 38/7 K/BB in 28 innings. With Strasburg gone in 2010, Reed moved to the starting rotation and performed well, with an 8-2 record, 2.50 ERA, and a 90/16 K/BB in 79 innings with 65 hits allowed.

Reed was seen as a possible first round pick in the early spring of '10, but he didn't throw as hard as a starter as he did in relief, which hurt his stock slightly. The White Sox drafted him in the third round, then moved him back to the bullpen last year in the Pioneer League, with excellent results (1.80 ERA, 44/6 K/BB in 30 innings, 17 hits). There was talk of Reed moving back to the rotation for 2011, but the White Sox decided he would move more quickly in relief, and their judgment looks justified.

More at the link

Says Reed has one of the best sliders in the minors. That is great to hear!

Also as a sidenote, the Guillen kids are the most pretentious, inane kids I have ever seen with the exception of Jr. Just keep your damn mouths shut. What the f*** has Ozney Guillen accomplished in professional baseball? Oh yeah, no body even drafted him last year.

Edited by maggsmaggs

Matt (VA): Why does no one give Tyler Kuhn any recognition. He is around a career .320 hitter in MILB and has played in every level. I know he doesn't have legit power, but her certainly does get on base.

John Manuel: Kuhn hits lefthanded, and he's a good contact hitter. His other tools are shy of what scouts look for in big league regulars. I think he'll be a big leaguer, likely as a utility guy, could wind up as a LH-hitting version of Jeff Keppinger.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/chat/?1312987961

Edited by DirtySox