2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread

danman31

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
Wow, no promotion for Sierra?

Apparently not.

You never know what they're going to do with these guys, just because they start somewhere, does not mean that's where they'll be for long ..I compare them to chess pieces!! LOL

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IChaseBlackWood @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
Apparently not.

You never know what they're going to do with these guys, just because they start somewhere, does not mean that's where they'll be for long ..I compare them to chess pieces!! LOL

Very true. Any more releases?

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 04:55 PM)
Great info. Long's release makes sense because there is a logjam with starting pitchers. Someone had to go.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't put him back in the pen, since that is where he was when we drafted him.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 11:21 PM)
Or Kannapolis, where he is expected to go.

You're right. I had no idea that Kannapolis was located in N.C.. Figured it was just Winston-Salem and Charlotte.

So we have 3 minor league teams in the same state? Geez. And it seems like every minor league team is all somewhere on the east coast, with Birmingham being like the further team west. Is that normal?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 02:12 AM)
Mark Gonzalez w/ an article of some minor leaguers placement in our system....

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/sport...0,2074739.story

Very glad to see my boy Wilkins getting bumped up to Winston-Salem.

I wonder where Jose Martinez is penciled in to starting. I'm still very interested in seeing if he can develop into anything.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 01:00 AM)
You're right. I had no idea that Kannapolis was located in N.C.. Figured it was just Winston-Salem and Charlotte.

So we have 3 minor league teams in the same state? Geez. And it seems like every minor league team is all somewhere on the east coast, with Birmingham being like the further team west. Is that normal?

All of our minor league teams are within driving distance of each other, quite on purpose.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 06:20 PM)
All of our minor league teams are within driving distance of each other, quite on purpose.

You can drive from Kannapolis to Great Falls if you want, I'm flying. 2177 miles if you take I-94 which just so happens, takes you right through Chicago.

Edited by gfbaseball

QUOTE (gfbaseball @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)
You can drive from Kannapolis to Great Falls if you want, I'm flying. 2177 miles if you take I-94 which just so happens, takes you right through Chicago.

Charlotte to Birmingham is about 350 miles too, so it's a little more than a hop, skip, and a jump away too, but, averaging 70 MPH, it's 5 hours, give some for traffic.

QUOTE (gfbaseball @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)

Great Falls is the one exception. it is also a half season rookie ball team.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 1, 2011 -> 09:24 AM)
Jerry Krause has left his position as international scouting director to join the D-Backs. Had the position for less than a year. Lolz.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...s-for-arizona/

International talent? Who needs it.

This seems like a big story to me, am I missing something? Why is Krause leaving, I thought that him and JR were buddies?

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 06:23 PM)
Confirmed, Peavy will start for Birmingham.

PS. Is Chase still with the org? Where is he playing this season?

It was said a while back that he has a hand injury he is rehabbing right now. He had started at extended spring training.