2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread

danman31

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)
Is Jim Gallagher a late bloomer prospect, or just a guy?

From what I have read about him, he seems to be a blue collar type of player. Works really hard, energetic, but lacks some of the necessary tools. Could certainly make it to the majors, but probably not as a starter on a contending team. He was compared to Ross Gload by FutureSox, so whether you view that as a good or bad thing is up to you. He also kind of sounds like Doug Mientkiewicz without the gold glove.

Reason #437 to hate Kenny Williams Jr.

The Barons have around 40 something uniforms for players and coaches to wear. Apparently, KW Jr. decided none of those were good enough, so a new jersey was purchased for him with a number that wasn't previously available. His jersey number doesn't match the others.

QUOTE (IChaseBlackWood @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 07:44 PM)
7 releases today.

Jd ashbrook, pat shatz, Richard Marshall, shelton, huff and 2 other pitchers whose names I'm still trying to get!!

Robert Young voluntarily retired.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
Because the idea that he asked and they said yes is just totally out of the question

When there are more than 40 to choose from already, yeah. I doubt he just nicely asked.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
When there are more than 40 to choose from already, yeah. I doubt he just nicely asked.

Those have nothing to do with each other. You might be right, but unless you heard from an inside source, you're just making an assumption based on your disdain for the player.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
Those have nothing to do with each other. You might be right, but unless you heard from an inside source, you're just making an assumption based on your disdain for the player.

Amen

If you worked for a minor league team and KW Jr. asked for something that wasn't a reasonable request, would you feel comfortable saying no to him?

Didn't get the story, but I know it's true. It's actually as bad as it can be.