2011 NFL Lockout Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
That Super Bowl team was legit, but last year's was a fluke. They needed one playoff victory over the 7-9 Seahawks to get to the NFC Title Game.

Oh man, that NFC Championship Game was f***ing torture.

And as others pointed out, they were right with the packers despite Cutler hurt for a quarter, Todd Collins inserted at the QB spot for a quarter (I refuse to say "playing"), and the 3rd string QB getting picked off to seal the game.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
I didn't see him say anything about hits at that link. :huh

"They take 10 plays out of 4,000 snaps and want to know my thought process on each. What I tried to explain to Goodell, but he was too stupid to understand, is that dudes crouch when you go to hit them. With Massaquoi, my target area was his waist and chest, but he lowered himself at the last possible second and I couldn't adjust to his adjustment. But Goodell, who's a devil, ain't hearing that. Where's the damn discretion, the common sense?"

Perhaps there's a reason why Harrison was passed up by every team in the draft.

It's not all about talent.

Oh man, not trying to be a dick but this right here is Soxtalk at its finest. The guy has arguably been the best linebacker in the NFL over the past 5 seasons, been integral to a championship team and been for the most part a total beast on the field. If every team in the draft passed on Harrison because his attitude problems they probably feel pretty bad about it now. If anyone knew he was going to be this good he's a #1 overall pick.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 02:43 AM)
Oh man, not trying to be a dick but this right here is Soxtalk at its finest. The guy has arguably been the best linebacker in the NFL over the past 5 seasons, been integral to a championship team and been for the most part a total beast on the field. If every team in the draft passed on Harrison because his attitude problems they probably feel pretty bad about it now. If anyone knew he was going to be this good he's a #1 overall pick.

He's a very good linebacker. I'm saying that attitude is part of the equation more and more.

All 30 scouting groups must have had a valid reason for passing him up other than "Whoops! We missed him!"

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 05:55 AM)
He's a very good linebacker. I'm saying that attitude is part of the equation more and more.

All 30 scouting groups must have had a valid reason for passing him up other than "Whoops! We missed him!"

If the Steelers released him, every team would froth at the mouth to sign Harrison. His attitude means dick in the NFL.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
If the Steelers released him, every team would froth at the mouth to sign Harrison. His attitude means dick in the NFL.

Probably.

My point is, was he the same Pro-Bowl level player coming out of college? If he was, why did everyone pass on him?

Was his erratic behavior and attitude present pre-draft to the point that people stayed away?

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 11:18 AM)
Probably.

My point is, was he the same Pro-Bowl level player coming out of college? If he was, why did everyone pass on him?

Was his erratic behavior and attitude present pre-draft to the point that people stayed away?

No, he was not considered to be a pro bowl level player coming out of college. Turning into one of the leagues' top linebackers was a development shocker.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
No, he was not considered to be a pro bowl level player coming out of college. Turning into one of the leagues' top linebackers was a development shocker.

Yes, but being totally undrafted is different than just being overlooked and a 5th round selection.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
Bought my tickets and parking pass for home opener. Hammer this out b****es.

The NBA I can see, but the NFL................they can't lose any dates over money. It would cost way too much. There is no doubt in my mind you will be using your tickets and parking pass on time.

Harrison is valuable because of the role he's in with the Steelers. He is in the same role as Jason Gildon and Joey Porter before him, and they all put up bigtime numbers with the Steelers as the hybrid OLB/DE. In a few years, someone like their 5th round pick this year Chris Carter from Fresno State will step in and put up bigtime numbers as long as Dick Lebeau is still around.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
The NBA I can see, but the NFL................they can't lose any dates over money. It would cost way too much. There is no doubt in my mind you will be using your tickets and parking pass on time.

What sucks is that they make tons of money off preseason football, and those are the exact games I want them to cancel, cause I'm not gonna go but I have to pay either way.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
Looks like today will be the last day of this thread!

Don't count on it Union has to recertify and the NFLPA should of had there ducks in a row better to have the issued resolved quicker.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:07 PM)
Players still haven't voted on the deal nothing official yet. Owners approved it 31-0, Sqwert's favorite owner abstained as I guess he usually does for some reason

Because Al Davis is a giant douche.

I hate everything about the Raiders