2011 NFL Lockout Thread

Bears will be one of the best positioned teams financially, looking to address OL and DL. Possibly WR, hopefully? Looks like the Bears will have a new punter next season as well, read they may make a run at Steve Weather ford, I would be on board with that.

Edited by WHarris1

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 09:20 AM)
so, who strikes first when this deal gets signed? last year the bears came shooting out of the gate with peppers, it would be nice to see them do it again

they have a s***load of money to spend, so it could very well be the Bears.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 09:37 AM)
they have a s***load of money to spend, so it could very well be the Bears.

Don't the Bears need to worry about a lot of in-house re-signings that will take that s***load down to a nominal amount?

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 09:25 AM)
Bears will be one of the best positioned teams financially, looking to address OL and DL. Possibly WR, hopefully? Looks like the Bears will have a new punter next season as well, read they may make a run at Steve Weather ford, I would be on board with that.

I remember watching Steve when he was the only talented player on the Illini, hell he actually saved that team a ton of yardage with his punts (which the defense would promptly give up). I remember looking at his stats a year or two ago and remember them being pretty good. I would be all for bringing him on board.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 09:55 AM)
Don't the Bears need to worry about a lot of in-house re-signings that will take that s***load down to a nominal amount?

A couple, but nothing too outrageous. Kreutz needs to be resigned for sure as well as Anthony Adams. Those are the only two that seem to be pretty-sure re-signs. Manning, Graham, and Rashied Davis could be re-signed. Nick Roach will probably come back but that won't be expensive.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 09:55 AM)

I don't know how many of these guys are woth keeping.

Anthony Adams

Corey Graham

Danieal Manning

Olin Kreutz

Rashied Davis

Devin Aromashadu

Pisa Tinoisamoa

Nick Roach

Plus Forte and Olsen will be free agents next year.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 10:13 AM)
A couple, but nothing too outrageous. Kreutz needs to be resigned for sure as well as Anthony Adams. Those are the only two that seem to be pretty-sure re-signs. Manning, Graham, and Rashied Davis could be re-signed. Nick Roach will probably come back but that won't be expensive.

I think Corey Graham is gone, someone will offer him too much money on the FA market, won't make sense for the Bears to match. Not sure about Manning, hopefully Major Wright could take his spot.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)
Someone close this s*** thread and let's rock the one without "Lockout" in it.

I started the new one... I'll close this one once the players vote is official and the lockout is really over.