Make it Milledge

macsandz

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 07:39 PM)
Milledge showed some ridiculous pop today, not too hard to see why he used to be so highly regarded. Obviously I'm not expecting him to turn into a star or anything but he deserves to be on this roster come opening day.

Is it at all possible that he finally reaches his potential and becomes a star?? Has any highly touted prospects been mediocre for 5 years then explode into a star?? I think Juan Pierre is one of the best guys in the league to take after, and if he puts in as much work as I hear Juan does i think its possible, who has he had before?? Carlos Beltran?? Josh Willingham??? Andrew McCutchen??

thought id look up more info on lastings...this is from his wiki page....

Prior to the 2003 amateur draft, he was expected to be among the top three selections, but as draft day approached, press reports from 2002 resurfaced regarding Milledge's expulsion from Northside Christian High School after his junior year for allegedly having sex with a minor

wouldnt he be a minor as well as a junior in high school??

I think they're trying their hardest to trade Teahen, but if they can't (and they probably won't), Milledge will win out over Lillibridge.

They can see if Lillibridge clears waivers, and maybe they can keep him without being on the 40-man. If somebody takes him, oh well...it's Brent Lillibridge.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
I think they're trying their hardest to trade Teahen, but if they can't (and they probably won't), Milledge will win out over Lillibridge.

They can see if Lillibridge clears waivers, and maybe they can keep him without being on the 40-man. If somebody takes him, oh well...it's Brent Lillibridge.

Agreed, Milledge is on the team. Lillibridge is only on the team of Teahan is traded or Vizquel gets hurt.

Agreed, Milledge is on the team. Lillibridge is only on the team of Teahan is traded or Vizquel gets hurt.

I agree that in a bench role Lillibridge brings more to the tabel for his price than Teahan ever will. No one is gonna take Teahan off our hands unless we eat salary which is not wise. What a mess KW got himself into with that horrible extension and Teahan had not proved a darn thing yet.

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 08:06 AM)
I agree that in a bench role Lillibridge brings more to the tabel for his price than Teahan ever will. No one is gonna take Teahan off our hands unless we eat salary which is not wise. What a mess KW got himself into with that horrible extension and Teahan had not proved a darn thing yet.

Regardless of who might get hurt or traded, I really don't see Lillibridge as a good option for the Sox. As much as people complain that Teahen doesn't do anything well, Lillibridge does less things less well (if that makes sense). Like Teahen, he can play a lot of positions but is not excellent at any of them. Unlike Teahen, he can't hit worth a lick (regardless of a week of excellence last season).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
Lillibridge is a way better defender than Teahen.

But he's not a good enough defender that you can get excited about him coming in as a defensive replacement. Versatility is the Bridge's only skill.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
Is it at all possible that he finally reaches his potential and becomes a star?? Has any highly touted prospects been mediocre for 5 years then explode into a star?? I think Juan Pierre is one of the best guys in the league to take after, and if he puts in as much work as I hear Juan does i think its possible, who has he had before?? Carlos Beltran?? Josh Willingham??? Andrew McCutchen??

Josh Hamilton

If you look at my Big Board, you'll notice that there are several players already signed to minor league deals that could supplement the abilities of a Brent Lillibridge if the need were to arise. In a nutshell, he's very replaceable. Robbie Hudson, for instance...I've seen him play second, short, third, left and center. There's no point debating the value of Brent Lillibridge.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (3E8 @ Mar 17, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
He'd be a perfect platoon with Quentin if you believe Carlos' reverse splits are legit. But not many people do.

By not many people, I believe you mean Ozzie. It's hard not to believe it when you have 1421 PAs against righties at an .857 OPS and 528 PAs against lefties with a .773 OPS. With that type of sample size, you have to respect his platoon splits.

Quite honestly, Quentin seems like the kind of guy who would be a great player for Tampa, considering Maddon quite strictly goes by statistics and not by the typical book. He would use Quentin against RHP and he would produce like crazy. Of course, that would be only after he were non-tendered by the White Sox this year and there were limited to no interest in him next offseason.