Southwest Region

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
Ugh, I heard Jim Burr is in Tulsa reffing games. How the f*** is that motherf***ing joke of a ref allowed to ref NCAA games? No f***ing accountability whatsoever.

Evidently a call was missed at the end to screw Memphis? I didn't see it but I'm sure we will find out.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 06:14 PM)
Evidently a call was missed at the end to screw Memphis? I didn't see it but I'm sure we will find out.

I assume they are talking about the block after the missed free throw, IMO it was clean, no way a foul should have been called there.

Is Kansas ready for this?

Yeah, I think they are.

Well it's nice to see the seniors show that they care a little bit. If they played like today all year, they would be a 4 seed, not a 9.

I don't think they will beat Kansas, but man is the bracket set up nicely if they can pull it off. Jerrance Howard needs to spend the next two days recruiting Ali Farokhmanesh.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
Not going to comment on it, but I see my boy Richmond got suspended for the game tonight.

From his freshman year at North Shore, there have been rumors bout his atttitude, getting "benched" for the first game of the tourney doesnt help all of that. The kid has talent, hope he can stay, especially cause they will really need him next year, but I can see it going bad with him.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
Shocked that the Illini stepped it up in this game, hopefully they can do it again vs. Kansas. Of course, they still battled with sloppiness in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Well, they won't do it against Kansas but I think they beat a good team tonight and did so handily. And they punished the UNLV pressure which I absolutely didn't think would happen. The last 5 minutes I think they were clearly tired and had a big lead. It was still their best game of the year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 11:44 PM)
From his freshman year at North Shore, there have been rumors bout his atttitude, getting "benched" for the first game of the tourney doesnt help all of that. The kid has talent, hope he can stay, especially cause they will really need him next year, but I can see it going bad with him.

So...Bielfeldt (sp?) supposedly said Illinois has a spot for him next year if he wants it and both Bertrand and Griffey have denied they will transfer. The coaching staff must know that at least one scholarship will open up somehow. It will be interesting to see what happens.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
Well, they won't do it against Kansas but I think they beat a good team tonight and did so handily. And they punished the UNLV pressure which I absolutely didn't think would happen. The last 5 minutes I think they were clearly tired and had a big lead. It was still their best game of the year.

With all their struggles Illinois is still much better than UNLV. Illinois didn't need to bring their A game to beat this team, they needed their A game to smoke this team, which they did. Kansas is a whole different story. Unless Illinois gets career days from their bigs, the Morris twins will dominate. It's a well put together team.

As much as I've ragged on Illinois this year, they are extremely underrated. I'll bet that hardly anyone realizes that Pomeroy has them at 16th in the country and Sagarin has them at 19th. I'm not saying they will, because they are choke artists, but Illinois can beat Kansas.

Edited by PeavyTime

A mod at the Illinois scout board posted this, sounds like Richmond probably won't play Sunday. He did seem pretty into the game on the bench though.

Jeremy was supended for a serious violation of University/DIA rules. He will be out awhile.

We will allow no wild speculation. It is a university matter and not a public matter.

Brian's rumor a month ago about Richmond's grades is making the rounds again. Sounds like Richmond punched Brandon Paul in the face a few days after getting into an argument with the seniors at the BTT. Lots of doubt about his future in Champaign.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Mar 19, 2011 -> 08:46 AM)
As much as I've ragged on Illinois this year, they are extremely underrated. I'll bet that hardly anyone realizes that Pomeroy has them at 16th in the country and Sagarin has them at 19th. I'm not saying they will, because they are choke artists, but Illinois can beat Kansas.

I don't think anybody doubts Illinois has the ability to beat Kansas. The question is, will they put on the performance necessary to do so. I say no, because I don't think they can do what they did yesterday twice in three days, and I think a performance like they put on for the first 35 minutes yesterday is what it'll take to beat Kansas. However, I did not think Illinois was even capable of playing a game like they did yesterday once with the lack of heart I had seen all year before yesterday. Maybe they figured something out, and if they did, they'll be a tough out for the Jayhawks.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Mar 19, 2011 -> 09:46 AM)
As much as I've ragged on Illinois this year, they are extremely underrated. I'll bet that hardly anyone realizes that Pomeroy has them at 16th in the country and Sagarin has them at 19th.

That's absurd. The team went 9-9 in conference and lost to UIC. They may have talent, but their RPI sits at 48 which is a more accurate assessment of what the team actually achieved instead of how good or bad they looked doing it.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 19, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
That's absurd. The team went 9-9 in conference and lost to UIC. They may have talent, but their RPI sits at 48 which is a more accurate assessment of what the team actually achieved instead of how good or bad they looked doing it.

RPI is a joke. "Really Poor Indictator"

Anyone that knows anything about college basketball will tell you this.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Mar 19, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)
RPI is a joke. "Really Poor Indictator"

Anyone that knows anything about college basketball will tell you this.

Ok whatever, but I also think calling a team that went 9-9 in conference with a loss to UIC underrated is a joke. They are where they should be. Their talent can take them further, but talent has not been the problem.