Southwest Region

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
Wow, if VCU holds onto the lead they have a pretty beatable opponent to make the championship game... that would be pretty amazing

Butler is pretty beatable?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
Did he predict the upset or something?

No. Just the fact that he was going off on the selection committee for including VCU and UAB(but so was everyone else). Thing is, VCU did belong in this tourny based on their resume though so good for them.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
Probably one of their easiest opponents of their tourney run... not saying VCU will win just you can argue Butler is the 2nd worse opponent they faced so far.

With Georgetown just not being good and Purdue being depleted, it's pretty arguable.

Anyways, Butler is certainly beatable they just don't get beaten if that makes sense.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
I think Butler has everything but a high seed. Two stars, great coach, beaten great teams in this tourney, big game experience, etc. I am very excited for the Butler/VCU game.

They haven't beaten any great teams in this tourney. There aren't any teams that are even close to being great in college basketball this year.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
Relatively great teams? Good teams? You get my point.

How about two of the better teams in one of the weakest years in college basketball ever? Because Butler did beat a 1 and a 2 just neither of those teams was particularly good, and that isn't a shot at Butler, I just don't think anyone was very good this year.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
Probably one of their easiest opponents of their tourney run... not saying VCU will win just you can argue Butler is the 2nd worse opponent they faced so far.

Well VCU IS the easiest team Butler has faced so far, so I can turn that argument right around on you. The fact that VCU, who quite frankly does not belong in this tournament, can win 5 games (first team ever obviously) in the tournament and get to the Final Four just shows you how weak this field is. What VCU has done is amazing, but that's the truth. VCU didn't even gather to watch the selection show! As does a team that finished 9th in the Big East getting to the Final Four shows. As does a Butler team who is nowhere near as good as they were last year getting to the Final Four shows. Not only are there not any great teams, there aren't any really good teams either. Shaka Smart has to be happy though, he's going to make at least 5 times more money next year. And Brad Stevens looks like (and probably is) a genius for getting Butler to two Final Fours in a row.

Also, Bill Self now 1-5 in the elite 8. You can't take the national title away, but my goodness his teams play tight in the tournament. ESPECIALLY against inferior opponents.

Edited by whitesoxfan101