So how would you feel towards a family member if...

lostfan

For the record I wasn't close to this cousin (I have a LOT of cousins). We knew each others' names, I knew what she looked like and vice versa, but her father and my mother were close, and grew up together.

I'm guessing, at the very least, 1st degree manslaughter, more likely 2nd degree murder, so what's the penalty for that? 20-25 years minimum? Don't look me up when you get out.

Whenever children are killed by adults, it's the worst the human race can do because they are so vulnerable...if there is a hell, those people should be the first in line.

So sorry about those poor kids.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Time to add a few more adjectives to "awful."

I talked to some other family members and man oh man are the details disgusting. It's like someone was going down a list of different types of child abuse and seeing how many they could get.

-the kids were starving, the 3 year old weighed 19 lbs when she died. It should be at least double that...

-the girl's face was broken

-coroner said it was the worst body he'd ever seen

-One of the other 2 was so weak she couldn't lift her head and couldn't speak

-All 3 had signs of sexual abuse

-The baby had been dead 3 days by the time the cops found her, and they'd tried to cover it up

...wow. People just don't do that kind of thing in my family. This is just... even for an episode of Law & Order SVU it's over the top.

I've noticed that since having a child myself, its a lot harder for me to even read stories like that. I mean, they were always appalling. But now, I can barely even get through them. I know this may take away some macho points, but there were times shortly after my daughter was born that I had to stop reading or watching this sort of story because I was on the verge of tears.

I just can't even fathom how a human being could do something like that to their own child.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 08:06 AM)
I've noticed that since having a child myself, its a lot harder for me to even read stories like that. I mean, they were always appalling. But now, I can barely even get through them. I know this may take away some macho points, but there were times shortly after my daughter was born that I had to stop reading or watching this sort of story because I was on the verge of tears.

I just can't even fathom how a human being could do something like that to their own child.

No, you got this right. I'm the exact same way, I see these stories on the news and then look at my little one...I just can't comprehend it.

@ Lost, I'm sorry, man.

QUOTE (chwhtsox @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 08:54 AM)
No, you got this right. I'm the exact same way, I see these stories on the news and then look at my little one...I just can't comprehend it.

@ Lost, I'm sorry, man.

Yeah, I agree totally. My level of anger has multiplied with these types of stories since I had kids myself.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 10:01 AM)
Yeah, I agree totally. My level of anger has multiplied with these types of stories since I had kids myself.

Add me to that list. I can't read these stories without emotionally breaking down and that feeling has multiplied exponentially since becoming a parent.

The article doesn't say if the boyfriend is the father, is he or is the father in the picture? I couldn't imagine my reaction (nor do I want to think about it)...

if it's too personal of a question, please disregard.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 07:06 AM)

No macho points lost, you're just being a decent human being.

This is the type of situation where I wish we lived in a more brutal society. They'll just go to jail and probably get out before they die, otherwise they'll just receive a painless death by lethal injection.

They should be dragged out into the street and shot a few times in the kneecaps, groin, stomach, etc. before being shot in the head. No offense, lost, but I'd feel the same way if it were someone in my family.

Growing up, I was often told by my parents that a parent loves their child no matter what. This, because I had a rather troublesome youth and caused my parents a lot of grief. But, NOTHING like this. It makes you wonder how the parents of someone who does something like this really feel. SO sad!

QUOTE (chwhtsox @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 11:27 AM)
The article doesn't say if the boyfriend is the father, is he or is the father in the picture? I couldn't imagine my reaction (nor do I want to think about it)...

if it's too personal of a question, please disregard.

I don't know actually. I know they are both being charged with first degree murder. One of my other relatives said all of her charges together add up to like 110 years.