Things that need to come back...

JPN366

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)
Winners don't get trophies anymore? :o

My interpretation was trophies ONLY to the winners, not participation trophies for everyone.

Which I agree with - when my Pee Wee League team finished 7th out of 8, there was no trophy, nor should there have been.

When my Pony League team went undefeated, there was a deserved 1st-place trophy, and it meant something.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)
My interpretation was trophies ONLY to the winners, not participation trophies for everyone.

Which I agree with - when my Pee Wee League team finished 7th out of 8, there was no trophy, nor should there have been.

When my Pony League team went undefeated, there was a deserved 1st-place trophy, and it meant something.

I'm kinda torn on this issue. I understand why people are against the “everybody wins and we are all equal” mentality but most of the time the trophies for first or second place are much bigger than the participation trophies everyone gets. The fact that certain teams get 2 trophies instead of just one sets them apart IMO.

IIRC, when I played as a kid we got a ribbon or something instead of an actual trophy. I don’t think it would have mattered. We knew what place we were in at the end of the year and having a participation trophy wouldn’t have made us feel any better about it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 11:45 AM)
Cheap tickets for the Sox. I still remember (because it was just like 7 years ago) when you could show up at the park 10 minutes before the game, buy the cheapest upper deck ticket, and end up sitting right behind the dugout.

Cheap tickets = crappy product on the field

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
It's called the Big N' Tasty now.

McDLT = Arch Deluxe = Big N' Tasty.

Men's Health Magazine, a well respected publication has revealed this surprising process of making a fast food hamburger patty.

1. Gather the Scraps

A company called Beef Products gathers the scraps from the slaughterhouse including the heads and hooves, once only pet food fodder, to begin making the fast food patty.

2. Expose It to Ammonia Gas

Next the meat is cleaned by threading it through pipes and exposing it to blasts of Ammonia Gas. But Ammonia is not on the nutrition label!! The FDA allows the fast food industry to keep this information hidden from consumers. Surprise!

3. Real Ammonia?

Yes, the very same ammonia you clean your bathroom toilet with. The same ammonia that burns your skin upon contact. This chemical will clean up the diseased beef of all contamination from E.coli and Salmonella.

4. Mix the Meat

Take cleaned scraps from a zillion cows and grind them all up together and form patties. Yes, your patty is not from one cow. This is why the risk of E. coli is so huge.

5. Freeze

After the scraps are ground, sprayed with ammonia and "cleaned" they are formed into fast food hamburger patties and frozen and shipped. Happy Eating!

I don't know if I'm happy or not that I looked into this recently... because I'll never eat fast food again.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 12:42 PM)
Chicken Little sandwich from KFC. $0.50 each, could load up a bag of em for less than $10.

And, sadly, thats probably the last time I've eaten at KFC habitually.

You should try it more often. They even give you a bucket to vomit their crap into.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
i always wanted to win that glow in the dark rock... i still kinda do...

My friends and I in college pooled together a bunch of money in hopes to buy one but could not find it anywhere. We just assumed it would be a huge hit at parties. What we learned was no one actually got a piece, just a picture with it.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 11:45 AM)
My friends and I in college pooled together a bunch of money in hopes to buy one but could not find it anywhere. We just assumed it would be a huge hit at parties. What we learned was no one actually got a piece, just a picture with it.

Man, I'd be pretty pissed off if I won and then found that out.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
Men's Health Magazine, a well respected publication has revealed this surprising process of making a fast food hamburger patty.

1. Gather the Scraps

A company called Beef Products gathers the scraps from the slaughterhouse including the heads and hooves, once only pet food fodder, to begin making the fast food patty.

2. Expose It to Ammonia Gas

Next the meat is cleaned by threading it through pipes and exposing it to blasts of Ammonia Gas. But Ammonia is not on the nutrition label!! The FDA allows the fast food industry to keep this information hidden from consumers. Surprise!

3. Real Ammonia?

Yes, the very same ammonia you clean your bathroom toilet with. The same ammonia that burns your skin upon contact. This chemical will clean up the diseased beef of all contamination from E.coli and Salmonella.

4. Mix the Meat

Take cleaned scraps from a zillion cows and grind them all up together and form patties. Yes, your patty is not from one cow. This is why the risk of E. coli is so huge.

5. Freeze

After the scraps are ground, sprayed with ammonia and "cleaned" they are formed into fast food hamburger patties and frozen and shipped. Happy Eating!

I don't know if I'm happy or not that I looked into this recently... because I'll never eat fast food again.

You ever work at a meat packing plant? You don't want to know what goes into a hot dog, even the "best" ones.

the chemical in ammonia but it's in gas form not liquid when it goes through this process, so it really doesn't stay in the meat. Just be glad they do something to kill most of the bacteria.

When kids actually played games outside and were creative. Now all kids do are either sit in front of a tv, play video games, or go on the computer. No wonder why childhood obesity is high. Go outside and play and make up new games. Our neighborhood was notorious for making up new games. I miss the 90's.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
When kids actually played games outside and were creative. Now all kids do are either sit in front of a tv, play video games, or go on the computer. No wonder why childhood obesity is high. Go outside and play and make up new games. Our neighborhood was notorious for making up new games. I miss the 90's.

There were no video games or TV in the 1990's?