Humber

Heads22

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 11:36 AM)
I really like this quote from Humber:

Specifically - the part about "allowing yourself to get out of the way."

In any productive craft or creative endeavor - this is so true. Baseball and life relate so closely in terms of the lessons that can be applied and gleaned.

He is sounding more and more like Gavin Floyd, both in stuff and mental make up.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)
I really like this quote from Humber:

Specifically - the part about "allowing yourself to get out of the way."

In any productive craft or creative endeavor - this is so true. Baseball and life relate so closely in terms of the lessons that can be applied and gleaned.

I think this is how Sox fans should take it too. He had a good first start. Give him another - let him keep going as long as he's performing. As a fan, I am not expecting this to continue, but you gotta ride it as long as you can especially since it buys more time for Peavy and extra rest for the other starters.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 11:27 PM)
Little early to be declaring Humber a Coop masterpiece, isn't it? Remember Scott Schoenweis?

Yeah, even I, who was one of the most confident in Humber before the season, think we need to give him at least 2-3 more solid starts before I believe he has really turned the corner. And by that time, Peavy will probably be ready, so it's going to be interesting to see what Ozzie does.

i was at work during most of the game and was just watching the gameday at-bats, and noticed AJ had him throwing first pitch changeups like 90% of the time

That's not all. He stands batters straight up. Even with runners (not that he had many). I'm watching this guy and going...holy s***, this kid has balls.

You have to be strong to still throw 94 like that, as if 94 isn't hard enough.

He was really great to watch.

I was at the game (as I will be for each game in this series), and it was just absolutely wonderful to witness how quiet that stadium was for most of the game, not only because they were being no-hit thru the first 6 1/3 game of the game, but by a former 1st round draft pick of the Mets no less.

"If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere...." - indeed! : )

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:10 AM)
I can't believe that people on this board are still pointing to negitives after a preformance like that.

Give me a break. Eat some crow - or in this case, some Humber-Pie.

There are always things that can be improved, just as there are always things that go well. In this game, as a player or a fan or anything in between, you never want to get too high nor too low.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 10:41 PM)
I was at the game (as I will be for each game in this series), and it was just absolutely wonderful to witness how quiet that stadium was for most of the game, not only because they were being no-hit thru the first 6 1/3 game of the game, but by a former 1st round draft pick of the Mets no less.

"If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere...." - indeed! : )

and how LOUD it got on the A-Rod single.

you know it's been going good when the yankee fans get that excited over a single. :P

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:10 AM)
I can't believe that people on this board are still pointing to negitives after a preformance like that.

Give me a break. Eat some crow - or in this case, some Humber-Pie.

That is my new fantasy team name... Serving up Humber Pie

And yes I know that no one cares about my fantasy team. :lolhitting