Humber

Heads22

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 04:30 PM)
What makes you say that? I'd love to see some support to your very very very opinionated post :D

No one uses a 6 man rotation because it's extremely inefficient. As is, there are 4 players out of 25 that will not be used barring some sort of emergency...adding one more to that either leaves you down a bullpen pitcher or down a bench player. From there, you will have conditioned the starters to throw every 6 days, so when one of those guys inevitably goes down with an injury, you have to replace them with another pitcher from the minor leagues - you can't just suddenly decide to go back to a 5 man rotation. Considering the state of the White Sox system, whoever would be used would be a very bad pitcher, quite literally replacement level.

I applaud Humber for pitching as well as he has, but there will be some regression. He's probably not the 5.50 ERA pitcher I thought he was coming into the season, but I do think he is still about a 4.50-5.00 guy, which has its value but is not something you would use a 6 man rotation for.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
Well, for starters, we're paying Peavy a lot to start, so he's absolutely going to. He's still building arm strength and from all indications is on track right now to be up in the next two weeks. I'll still take my chances with Jake.

Unless he has another setback. I should've referred to him as Achy O'Setback instead.

And yes, obviously they're going to start Peavy because they're paying him a s***load of money and he's pitched like 3 times for the team in 2 years. I'm saying that they might want to give Humber a shot to keep this going. Perhaps you put another pile of dogs***, like Edwin Jackson, in the bullpen to allow somebody who is actually performing to continue to do so.

This is another problem with the Sox. I've talked about the lack of accountability before, with the team constantly underachieving and nobody ever getting the ax. But on top of that, we're now going to take a guy out of the position he's excelling at because he doesn't make a ton of money so that guys making 10 times as much can do a worse job in the same position. Retarded.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 1, 2011 -> 12:12 PM)
This is another problem with the Sox. I've talked about the lack of accountability before, with the team constantly underachieving and nobody ever getting the ax. But on top of that, we're now going to take a guy out of the position he's excelling at because he doesn't make a ton of money so that guys making 10 times as much can do a worse job in the same position. Retarded.

It really is beyond ridiculous, performance seems to take a backseat for contracts/favorites on this team. But then again, it happens all the time in baseball.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
If a crazy, suicidal f*** jumps off the top of the Sears Tower (I will never refer to it as the Willis Tower), I don't have to wait until he/she hits the ground to no that fool is dead. s***ty analogy. But same difference. I know you're an optimist. I have no problem with that. It's a natural tendency to think the team that you cheer for and love can do something with a player(s) that nobody else could. But those that are not drinking the kool-aid just because said player happens to be a White Sox shouldn't be looked upon as evil demons that just like to be negative for the sake of being negative. I've said this many times before. If the Cubs were set to insert Humber into their rotation EVERY single poster on this board, and that includes you SS2K5 and JoeCool, would be laughing their asses off. This is undeniable fact. Now if somehow, someway, Humber pulls a horseshoe out his ass and is even serviceable, great. It won't make me feel stupid for not expecting a thing from him this year. He's done nothing in his career, outside of being a high draft pick sever years ago, that warrants any type of faith.

motivatore31a6b0da41386792b76ab3faa6e2eb