college football trash talk

I could give a f*** less why they play Navy, Navy is not a good football team , Assclown I told you this year was tougher schedule, reading is a skill, I know the schedules rotate, playing Penn st and Ohio St 8 out of 10 years is better than playing s*** teams 9 out of 10 years . Quit living in the past nobody cares about championships or Heisman trophies in the 20th century and ND great stellar bowl record recently can they lose by less than 20 points and at least make the game close, also as you say " Why don't you check it out " f*** the Tarnished Dome. You have the learning to do junior.

I could give a f*** less why they play Navy, Navy is not a good football team , Assclown I told you this year was tougher schedule, reading is a skill, I know the schedules rotate, playing Penn st and Ohio St 8 out of 10 years is better than playing s*** teams 9 out of 10 years . Quit living in the past nobody cares about championships or Heisman trophies  in the 20th century and ND great stellar bowl record recently can they lose by less than 20 points and at least make the game close, also as you say " Why don't you check it out " f*** the Tarnished Dome. You have the learning to do junior.

Ah, now your true colors come through.

You bypass all my arguments because you have nothing to back yours up with -

Then rely on insults to try to make yourself look intelligent -

It's not happening bro

Go check out their schedules in their history and get back to me - one of the toughest year in and year out - i didn't know we plaeyd navy all 12 games - and if you don't know why they play em, you have learning to do and you have to learn what the word "respect" means.

You do have a lot of learning to do kid. I don't care if you hate ND, but if you are going to talk trash, at least make sense and have valid points, of which you have zero.

I could give a f*** less why they play Navy, Navy is not a good football team , Assclown I told you this year was tougher schedule, reading is a skill, I know the schedules rotate, playing Penn st and Ohio St 8 out of 10 years is better than playing s*** teams 9 out of 10 years . Quit living in the past nobody cares about championships or Heisman trophies  in the 20th century and ND great stellar bowl record recently can they lose by less than 20 points and at least make the game close, also as you say " Why don't you check it out " f*** the Tarnished Dome. You have the learning to do junior.

Every team plays easy opponents, whether they're interconference or intra... ND consistenly has one of the nation's toughest schedules.

Go Sox! Go Irish!

I agree, it's all about money. Plus, ND would clean up in the Big Ten.

:o :o :o

ND clean up in the BigTen...HA!, HA!, yeah right. Never would happen.

And as for Notre Dame not wanting to be a part of the big ten...I believe it was the professors that vetoed the merger. The Athletic Department had already accepted, then when the final vote went to the professors they declined.

You bypass all my arguments because you have nothing to back yours up with -

Thats because your arguments are s*** and do not deserve to be argued.

ND's schedule is tough every single year, and you probly don't even know why in the hell we play Navy every year, do you? If you don't you have some learning to do buddy. Why don't you go check that out

It does not matter why they play. The fact is Navy has won (I believe) 4 times. 4 f***ing times. That means that you can already throw won in the win column for ND.

If you look at sporting news our schedule is in the top 10 toughest this year as it is almost every single year. We play purdue, msu, michigan, usc every damn year.

Yes, ever since the BCS was put in motion, ND has beefed up their schedule. But when push comes to shove, Purdue and MSU are marginal teams. As are Boston College, Washington State, BYU, Stanford, Syracuse. of those teams Purdue is the only one in the top 25 (22nd).

And for someone who complains about others not knowing facts, you make some mishaps yourself. Any good college football fan knows that Michigan and ND only play usually three years in a row, then take off a few years. Michigan and ND do not meet every year.

We've played FSU the past 2. Wash St. this year. Oh, and we wouldn't play wisc, osu, penn st every year...every notice how the big ten schedule rotates? Illinois doesn't even play OSU this year. So get a clue about how the big ten schedule works. And, i'm sure Nd would just absolutely fear playing northwestern, indiana, illinois, minnesota, and iowa "every year". Please. We already play all the good teams in the big ten minus OSU and penn st. And if you don't like last year's schedule, how about you go look at the past 10 years schedules and get back to me on that.

Great you beat a 5 loss FSU team, now you're up there with Louisville! Washington State is not even in the top 25. Everybody knows how the big ten schedule rotates, 2 teams off every 2 years. Minus Michigan-OSU and I believe Michigan-MSU, those games don't rotate. And Northwestern, indiana, illinois, minnesota, and Iowa are good every once in a while, just like pitt and stanford are good every once in a while on your schedule. You would have feared Iowa last year, you would have feared Illinois in 2001, you would have feared northwestern in 2000 and Minnesotta has finished above .500 almost every year lately it seems. Indiana is the exception, they are due for an upset every once in a while but are never really 'good'.

You are very ignorant to the facts here, that's for sure. For the team that has the most championships and the most heisman winners of every school (go look that up to), you are trying to tell me they'd get killed in the Big Ten? Please buddy, please.

They would not be the team that has the most championships and heisman winners if they played in the big ten. The padded schedule they played up until the last few years bought them victories. Michigan has more wins than any other college football programs. They don't have the most championships or heismans b/c their players have not been able to pad there statistics, and in the big ten, there is always worthy opponents that give you that 1 loss that prevents a title. In case you have not noticed, the last ND championship was back in 1989 when they played 3 tough teams, Mich, and USC, the third (miami) they lost too.

And way to work around the whole reason that they aren't in the Big Ten. Now you know why they aren't in the Big Ten, thanks for playing

The reason they are not in the big ten is because their faculty rejected the merger.

Lets take a look at ND's schedule the year before the BCS came into existance

3 top 25 teams. they lost to #1 Michigan, they lost to #19 Purdue, and they beat #17 LSU. Michigan meanwhile had to play 4 top 25 teams, and beat them all.

:fyou notre dame

1549 -

You lost me when you tried to downgrade playing FSU, a football powerhouse, and then trying to mention how the Big Ten schedule is rugged because Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Northwestern, are all good "once in a while". You say chalk up one victory for the Irish because of Navy (and yes it does matter why they play, and everyone schedules creampuffs for nonconference games, please), chalk up 4 victories right there if those 4 teams end up on ND's projected Big Ten schedule.

You don't make the schedule after the games are played. Playing FSU (who still won the ACC buddy) is a tough game when you put it on the schedule. You can't fault them if they had 5 losses. Besides, we went into FSU and took that game.

So the year before the BCS ND played 3 25 ranked teams, and Michigan played 4? And that's a huge difference? And if you play the so called 30th ranked team or what not, that doesn't count? Schedule strength isn't determined by how many top 25 teams you play along. It's a collective look at the schedule. I like to look at how many "tough" games or losable games they play. Granted, when ND plays Navy or Rutgers, that's a guaranteed win (i would hope). How many more games can you point to on the ND schedule that are automatic wins? Every damn team has those year in and year out. As far as your Michigan goes, well holy crap, Central Michigan is one helluva team! Not too mention Houston!!! Oregon is on the way down (I'd say Wash st is better) and gee they play Indiana and Northwestern this year. Gee Michigan, don't go too hard on yourself with your nonconference schedule. Every big game this year they play at home (nd, purdue, ohio st.). Those are there only real tough games. And you discount Purdue as a marginal team (which they aren't right now), so should we discount that game? You call purdue and msu marginal teams? Again, it's not how many top 25 teams you are playing. If MSU fall in the 26-40 range every year, that's better than playing the 95th ranked team. MSU and Purdue have been pretty good football teams (and for your sake you'd have to argue that otherwise the Big Ten schedule is a joke because it comes down to only Ohio St and Michigan).

Trying to compare stanford and pitt to indiana and northwestern...well, that's a good laugh too. Please. Pitt isn't great usually but they are usually a formidable opponent, as is Stanford. NW had a few miracle years and Indiana hasn't made a bowl in a decade. Ridiculous argument.

Plus, if you are going to talk about these teams that are good once in a while in the big ten, that means at any given time 1 out of those 5 or 6 you mentioned might be a top 25 team, which seems to be your evaluating tool. Not to mention you don't credit ND for going into Air Force last year (one of the tougher places to play), and dominate them when no one gave us a chance. After that, Air Force folded....gee, i wonder what happened.

And - you should go check your facts. Michigan has won more games than any other program, but ND has a better winning percentage, thank you very much. I didn't know the fact that you've played more games makes you the better squad....riiight.

They wouldn't have won championships and had Heisman winners if they were in the Big Ten? Ok, now you are really losing me. ND, up until the last like 10 years, would have dominated the Big Ten up there with Michigan. And great players are great players - you are the first and probly only person i'll hear try to discount some of the great ND teams and players past. That's absolutely ridiculous and holds no ground. ND is one of the most storied football programs, and i don't think they'd be that if they only played a creampuff schedule all these years.

You really need to take a look at ND's scheduling and get a clue. They have one of the toughest schedules year in and year out. And, oh about your "they scheduled harder after the BCS" thing, scheduling harder only means you have a better chance to lose - and, ALL teams started doing that because they realized strength of schedule was part of the BCS. That's pretty obvious junior.

wtf let it go. it's already quite obvious who knows about college football and who doesn't. there's no need to argue, especially in this thread. ND has wazzu, michigan, purdue, pitt, USC, BC, FSU, and Syracuse this year. Bottom line is, there's no way anyone can say that schedule is easy.

Nobody said this years schedule is not tougher than last. f*** the tarnished dome.

1549 -

You lost me when you tried to downgrade playing FSU, a football powerhouse, and then trying to mention how the Big Ten schedule is rugged because Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Northwestern, are all good "once in a while". You say chalk up one victory for the Irish because of Navy (and yes it does matter why they play, and everyone schedules creampuffs for nonconference games, please), chalk up 4 victories right there if those 4 teams end up on ND's projected Big Ten schedule.

You don't make the schedule after the games are played. Playing FSU (who still won the ACC buddy) is a tough game when you put it on the schedule. You can't fault them if they had 5 losses. Besides, we went into FSU and took that game.

So the year before the BCS ND played 3 25 ranked teams, and Michigan played 4? And that's a huge difference? And if you play the so called 30th ranked team or what not, that doesn't count? Schedule strength isn't determined by how many top 25 teams you play along. It's a collective look at the schedule. I like to look at how many "tough" games or losable games they play. Granted, when ND plays Navy or Rutgers, that's a guaranteed win (i would hope). How many more games can you point to on the ND schedule that are automatic wins? Every damn team has those year in and year out. As far as your Michigan goes, well holy crap, Central Michigan is one helluva team! Not too mention Houston!!! Oregon is on the way down (I'd say Wash st is better) and gee they play Indiana and Northwestern this year. Gee Michigan, don't go too hard on yourself with your nonconference schedule. Every big game this year they play at home (nd, purdue, ohio st.). Those are there only real tough games. And you discount Purdue as a marginal team (which they aren't right now), so should we discount that game? You call purdue and msu marginal teams? Again, it's not how many top 25 teams you are playing. If MSU fall in the 26-40 range every year, that's better than playing the 95th ranked team. MSU and Purdue have been pretty good football teams (and for your sake you'd have to argue that otherwise the Big Ten schedule is a joke because it comes down to only Ohio St and Michigan).

Trying to compare stanford and pitt to indiana and northwestern...well, that's a good laugh too. Please. Pitt isn't great usually but they are usually a formidable opponent, as is Stanford. NW had a few miracle years and Indiana hasn't made a bowl in a decade. Ridiculous argument.

Plus, if you are going to talk about these teams that are good once in a while in the big ten, that means at any given time 1 out of those 5 or 6 you mentioned might be a top 25 team, which seems to be your evaluating tool.  Not to mention you don't credit ND for going into Air Force last year (one of the tougher places to play), and dominate them when no one gave us a chance. After that, Air Force folded....gee, i wonder what happened.

And - you should go check your facts. Michigan has won more games than any other program, but ND has a better winning percentage, thank you very much. I didn't know the fact that you've played more games makes you the better squad....riiight.

They wouldn't have won championships and had Heisman winners if they were in the Big Ten? Ok, now you are really losing me. ND, up until the last like 10 years, would have dominated the Big Ten up there with Michigan. And great players are great players - you are the first and probly only person i'll hear try to discount some of the great ND teams and players past. That's absolutely ridiculous and holds no ground. ND is one of the most storied football programs, and i don't think they'd be that if they only played a creampuff schedule all these years.

You really need to take a look at ND's scheduling and get a clue. They have one of the toughest schedules year in and year out. And, oh about your "they scheduled harder after the BCS" thing, scheduling harder only means you have a better chance to lose - and, ALL teams started doing that because they realized strength of schedule was part of the BCS. That's pretty obvious junior.

f*** the Tarnished Dome...........Assclown :fyou

1549 -

Plus, if you are going to talk about these teams that are good once in a while in the big ten, that means at any given time 1 out of those 5 or 6 you mentioned might be a top 25 team, which seems to be your evaluating tool.  Not to mention you don't credit ND for going into Air Force last year (one of the tougher places to play), and dominate them when no one gave us a chance. After that, Air Force folded....gee, i wonder what happened.

It looks like i lose the argument on that solid point :lol:

Grow up man, we aren't 10 (at least i don't think so)...if you hate ND, i can live with that. But if you are going to talk crap make it more than "f*** the tarnished dome" and back it up with pure fluff thoughts. Ridiculous

1549 -

I thought we were gonna try to use this thread for "intelligent" college football talk. :huh:

1549 -

FSU lost 5 games. I am not saying it was not difficult when they scheduled it. I know games are purchased at least 1 year in advance. I am telling you that playing FSU did not make your schedule the hardest schedule in the country. Was it a tough game, yes. Was playing OSU in the horse shoe in the cold 50 times tougher...yes.

Never said the schedule was rugged because of those teams. I am saying that you should not talk them down like dirt when two have appeared in BCS bowls the last 2 years. And both would have kicked ND's ass in there respective good seasons.

I realize that FSU won the ACC and there loss in january showed how pitiful the ACC was last year. And yes you can fault them for having 5 losses. The point of playing football is to win. When a team loses, it is that teams fault.

Actually the BCS calculations include how many top 25 teams you played. Obviously because there is a certain amount of human error involved in deciding games that are loseable.

Never said Michigan plays a tough out of conference schedule, but Western Michigan is better than Rutgers and Navy. In fact one might argue that Rutgers and Navy are the two worst teams in the country. The Bergen Record which extensively covers Rutgers declared them the worst in college football after their 11th loss.

Unfortunately I have to go right now, so I can not conclude my thoughts. But until I do, just remember that the glory years of ND football have passed.

And obviously I know that Michigan has the most wins but not the highest winning %, otherwise I would have said Michigan is the winningiest program of all time.

1. Playing OSU in the cold AT HOME is nowhere near 50 times tougher than playing FSU at their place. Come on already with your ridiculous fluff. Anyone can see the ridiculous nature of that comment. Home field advantage, IMO, is biggest in college football. FSU has one of the biggest home field advantages in football, as does OSU. We were expected to get killed by FSU. You were favored to win

2. We didn't deserve to be in the Fiesta Bowl against Oregon St. I'll give ya that. But we deserved the BCS bowl last year after the schedule we played and the results we showed (way more than 3 tough games...we were supposed to get beat by purdue, michigan, air force, fsu, usc to name a few)

3. Florida State actually played better than they had all year in that Sugar Bowl, considering they had a WR at QB basically the whole game. They got beat by a better team, Georgia. I don't think that "proves" anything.

4. The BCS calculation does NOT SOLELY INCORPORATE TOP 25 TEAMS INTO SCHEDULE STRENGTH. It counts wins and losses for every team you've played (66%) and the win/loss record of those teams opponents (33%). Plus, you now only get bonuses for beating a team in the top 15, not 25. So, if you are going to talk crap about schedules and the BCS, at least know what the hell is going on. Top 25 teams played does not determine strength of schedule, whether on BCS or in an argument such as this (if you play the "26" team, that counts the same as playing the 117 team?)

5. Michigan's non conference schedule is crap. Sure, Central Michigan is better than Rutgers....but is Indiana or Northwestern any more of a threat? Sure they are still better than Rutgers. Michigan could beat Indiana and NW by 30 and Rutgers by 35, maybe. None of em are losable games

6. I guess you missed out on last year's "the shirt" entitled RETURN TO GLORY

7. When exactly are the Michigan glory days?

8. So, Notre Dame is the winningest football program of all time...thanks for bringing up that michigan has more wins (cuz they've played more games)

9. Who's schedule is tougher this year, michigan or ND? Get a clue kid.