Sox (2-0) at Cleveland (0-2) 4/3 @ 12:05 CSN

Texsox

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
And maybe the White Sox wind up with 2 division titles on his left arm.

Actually it would be KW's MO to keep him around and take the two draft picks. I think it totally depends on what happens this season. If Danks becomes the ace that he has the ability to become, Maybe JR finally keeps a big money pitcher around because he wants to win more. Maybe we've seen the beginning of the new White Sox business model for a while, where we are players in the FA market and we don't let good players walk because of a stupid "3 year rule"

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)
Rain is coming and the game is official. Why swing at the first pitch....

Because all the rain means is that Danks doesn't get to go deep into the game. They are going to get the entire game in today no matter what. THe rain will just mean an hour or two delay.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
Actually it would be KW's MO to keep him around and take the two draft picks. I think it totally depends on what happens this season. If Danks becomes the ace that he has the ability to become, Maybe JR finally keeps a big money pitcher around because he wants to win more. Maybe we've seen the beginning of the new White Sox business model for a while, where we are players in the FA market and we don't let good players walk because of a stupid "3 year rule"

I wouldn't want to be the team offering John Danks 7/$120.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)

I don't think there's anything stupid about it at all

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)
Because all the rain means is that Danks doesn't get to go deep into the game. They are going to get the entire game in today no matter what. THe rain will just mean an hour or two delay.

This is his last inning anyway and no guarantee he has the lead when the rain comes.