4/5/11 GT: Sox @ KC - 7:10pm CDT - CSN+

knightni

I'm excited for the Sox to come to town, I just don't want my boys to get swept.

We've pounded Gavin Floyd (3-7, 4.79 ERA in 11 starts/1-4, 6.26 in 6 starts @ Kauffman) pretty well in the past, but of course there's been a lot of turnover in our line-up. Hochevar has pitched well against the Sox (3-3, 3.65 ERA in 7 starts, including his only career shutout) but you never know what he's going to give you...

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 04:27 PM)
I'm excited for the Sox to come to town, I just don't want my boys to get swept.

We've pounded Gavin Floyd (3-7, 4.79 ERA in 11 starts/1-4, 6.26 in 6 starts @ Kauffman) pretty well in the past, but of course there's been a lot of turnover in our line-up. Hochevar has pitched well against the Sox (3-3, 3.65 ERA in 7 starts, including his only career shutout) but you never know what he's going to give you...

I think most of us Sox fans are expecting a split.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)

On the road with an apparently bad pitching matchup... I'll be fine with a 1-1 split this series, but a win tonight and I think a sweep is likely.

By the way, still love that avy. That swing is like a hitting clinic in one little gif.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:41 PM)
On the road with an apparently bad pitching matchup... I'll be fine with a 1-1 split this series, but a win tonight and I think a sweep is likely.

By the way, still love that avy. That swing is like a hitting clinic in one little gif.

I like to remind people that it was #3,000 too, pretty slick swing for a 40 year-old man!

And I agree, we've got to win tonight to avoid a sweep...

QUOTE (kapzk @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
Hey there ...my first post on this board...hope I fit in with this group. I am extremely excited for this season and for sure that optimism was not wasted in the first series. Let`s keep it going and beat KC

Welcome aboard!

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE (kapzk @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
Hey there ...my first post on this board...hope I fit in with this group. I am extremely excited for this season and for sure that optimism was not wasted in the first series. Let`s keep it going and beat KC

Welcome aboard - you'll fit in just fine!

Just say away from the folks whom always have a gray cloud hanging overhead. ;)

Was just looking at the MLB Extra inning lineup tonight and saw the Sox vs Royals game along with a few other games had * next to them which stood for (joined in-game progress) then I looked at the channel it was suppose to be on and it said it was the Bo Sox vs Indians game. I'm confused will us who have the MLB Extra Innings package get to see our Sox tonight or not?? Little help please.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
@NotHawk Hawk Harrelson

First place is on the line tonight, so it's pretty much the most important game of the season.

That NotHawk Twitter is something else. He can be pretty funny sometimes, especially during games, but how many times am I gonna have to read tweets about killing hookers?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 06:05 PM)
That NotHawk Twitter is something else. He can be pretty funny sometimes, especially during games, but how many times am I gonna have to read tweets about killing hookers?

Complaining about "having" to read a tweet. I complain about reading this post.

QUOTE (peanut33tillman @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 05:12 PM)
Was just looking at the MLB Extra inning lineup tonight and saw the Sox vs Royals game along with a few other games had * next to them which stood for (joined in-game progress) then I looked at the channel it was suppose to be on and it said it was the Bo Sox vs Indians game. I'm confused will us who have the MLB Extra Innings package get to see our Sox tonight or not?? Little help please.

i have extra innings but it gets blacked out(since im in chicago) and i watch it on the regular csn+ but on my guide it says itll be on 739 or 740(739-1,740-1), depending on what broadcast its on, shouldnt it work?

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 06:12 PM)
i have extra innings but it gets blacked out(since im in chicago) and i watch it on the regular csn+ but on my guide it says itll be on 739 or 740(739-1,740-1), depending on what broadcast its on, shouldnt it work?

Yea I've had MLB extra innings in the past and have never heard of "joined in game" or whatever that means but I was searching around online seeing what that meant and saw someone said it means the game wont be shown til the game before it ends on that channel. If thats the case and I dont get to see this Sox game til likely the 6th inning or so I'm gonna be PISSED.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)

Agreed, unfollowed both NotHawk and NotKW as they quickly became boring and repetitive.

Let's see...

egg salad sandwich... check.

cream of chicken and rice soup from the patio... check.

small bag of cool ranch doritos... check

small bottle of pepsi... check.

My dinner's ready for today's game. First bite at first pitch. :)