4/5/11 GT: Sox @ KC - 7:10pm CDT - CSN+

knightni

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
Which will pretty much mean the Sox conceding this year. I can't imagine "All in" leading to getting busted after only a month and a half.

They should have signed a lefty instead of hindering Sale's devleopment as a starter. Sale has a chance to be an ace if he can stay healthy with those mechanics.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:55 AM)
They should have signed a lefty instead of hindering Sale's devleopment as a starter. Sale has a chance to be an ace if he can stay healthy with those mechanics.

They did...but he's been Oh-ful so far.

QUOTE (retro1983hat @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
Every year when we suck in April except 2005, I complain that we give games away and every year everyone tells me it's early. Playing catch up all year is harder than being in the lead.

Say this, repeat this.

GAMES IN APRIL ARE JUST AS IMPORTANT AS GAMES IN SEPTEMBER

I don't know, we play more games in the division in September than in April.

One thing that I really tire of is what appears to me to be this mentality in the late innings that someone has to be a hero and hit a dinger to win the game... rather than simply try to just take the normal approach and string some its together.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
Yes the games count the same and no one is arguing that. What some of us are taking issue with is condemning our bullpen after four games.

Currently there is a command issue with our relievers. Getting into hitters counts constantly is a recipe for problems. You have to figure that they will get better at it.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:00 AM)
One thing that I really tire of is what appears to me to be this mentality in the late innings that someone has to be a hero and hit a dinger to win the game... rather than simply try to just take the normal approach and string some its together.

Yep, it's definitely frustrating when guys just don't get on base.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
Currently there is a command issue with our relievers. Getting into hitters counts constantly is a recipe for problems. You have to figure that they will get better at it.

You'd think they would.