United Scout Seating

hi8is

Has anyone sat in these seats before? I did something silly and picked up two seats for the last Oakland game for my dad and I as a cap to our weeks trip to Chitown.

We leave tomorrow and I'm jazzed!

Any feedback about the United Scout seating ( if you've experienced it ) or any other tips about the Cell or Chicago in general will be appricated.

Thanks to your feedback I've got a great place booked in the River North / Downtown area.

Cheers Soxtalk - you guys are all helping a dream for an old man come through from his son.

:headbang

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)
Has anyone sat in these seats before? I did something silly and picked up two seats for the last Oakland game for my dad and I as a cap to our weeks trip to Chitown.

Any feedback about the United Scout seating ( if you've experienced it ) or any other tips about the Cell or Chicago in general will be appricated.

Thanks to your feedback I've got a great place booked in the River North / Downtown area.

Cheers Soxtalk - you guys are all helping a dream for an old man come through from his son.

I have no advice or feedback, but have an awesome time!

I know someone who has sneaked inside that area during a home run, and he said it was awesome. I believe you have your own private restaurent and lounge underneath, and I think you might even get special parking inside the stadium, but I'm not sure. I think all the food is included as well, and might get special privileges to the clubhouse before/after the game.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 08:19 PM)
and might get special privileges to the clubhouse before/after the game.

Now that would be UNREAL!

wow.

I'm glad I worked my tail of over the last couple months... this is going to be the time of his life and it's with such joy that I embark on this journey.

I'll be in Chicago in under 24 hours!

Awesome :D

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
Now that would be UNREAL!

wow.

I'm glad I worked my tail of over the last couple months... this is going to be the time of his life and it's with such joy that I embark on this journey.

I'll be in Chicago in under 24 hours!

Awesome :D

Fantastic seats, higher end food that they bring to you along with drinks (all inclusive), buffet and a lounge in the back, special parking. I haven't done it, but its supposed to be fantastic.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 08:35 PM)
Don't quote me on that though.

Yea, I don't expect that at all - but I did email Brooks to see if he could hook up my dad with something special.

Who knows if he'll even read the email thou!

:D

Just being in Chicago with my dad is all that is important to me. For all I care, we could watch the games in a bar and I'd always have fond memories.

:notworthy

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)
Fantastic seats, higher end food that they bring to you along with drinks (all inclusive), buffet and a lounge in the back, special parking. I haven't done it, but its supposed to be fantastic.

Thanks NorthSide. :D

:gosox1:

Longtime lurker, don't really post a lot, but I have some feedback for you.

I have sat in the Scout Seats a few times, but the last time was in '09 (so don't know if it changed). The ticket price includes all your drinks and food. You just may want to tip the servers at different times or tip them at the end (they'll wait by the exit at the end of the game).

The area opens when the park opens. There is a restaurant that you enter off of Gate 3 where they have an all-you-can-eat buffet with a fully stocked bar. They usually have a carving station, some pasta, ball park fare (dogs, burgers, etc.) and some random other stuff. I recommend getting there at least an hour before the game. The wait staff will get you your drinks so you don't even have to get up and go to the bar.

When you are done "feasting", you can head to your seats. There will be people to usher you to area. You walk right by the visitor's clubhouse door (Sheffield was standing outside it once before during a Tigers game), but they won't let you mingle with the Sox, the opponent, or the umpires (their room is close to the Scout area as well). Just before you emerge into the seating area, there is an area to fill up on peanuts, popcorn, soft drinks (not sure why? guess for the kiddies), and ice cream treats like ice cream sandwiches.

At your seat is a different menu from the restaurant that you can order off of. The only difference between the seats and restaurant is that you can get any hard liquor drinks or wine in the restaurant, whereas there is only beer and a couple of mixed drinks (along the lines of a margarita). So you can sit there and pig out some more. The only things you don't order off the menu are hot dogs and brats. There is one server who will come around every so often and hand them out.

Lastly, about the 7th inning back in the restaurant the open a dessert bar. You can bring the dessert back to your seats. Let me add one thing, you can't bring the hard drinks from the restaurant bar back into the seating area if I remember correctly.

All in all, it is a fantastic time. The one thing that stinks is that it is a long walk to the bathrooms. You have to go all the way back to the area by the restaurant, plus they have no TVs on this walk to watch the game while heading there. It is a very minor issue, but I thought I would tell you. Otherwise you will have an absolute blast.

By the way, there is no special parking lot. If you get the parking pass, it is for the lot adjacent to Gate 3.

As a plus, Kenny came and ate dinner in the restaurant back in '06. I talked to him for a couple of minutes, basically congratulating for the year before. Good guy...

Otherwise, sorry about the length, but I think this gives you what you need to know.

As far as Chicago goes, I could go on for hours about what to do. If you are looking for a specific recommendation let me know. It is hard to make a wrong choice though...

.... or any other tips about the Cell or Chicago in general will be appricated.

Shameless plug of a favorite neighborhood watering hole: Revolution Brewing Co

An email I received from them today:

Coming out tomorrow are two new beers:

God of War - a German Marzen beer with a lovely caramel sweetness. Highly drinkable. 6.0% ABV, 25 IBUs

Tart With a Heart - A special release from our barrel cellar. We aged our strong brown ale in Jack Daniels and Bullet Bourbon barrels for six months along with Italian plums. The acidic fruit brought provided the tartness and the wood brought the warmth of the heart. A very complex ale. 10% ABV

Stop in anytime Wednesday for a pint of Marzen and a taste of the Tart. Next Wednesday we will re-release Coup D'Etat our French Saison, which was a big hit last year. Coup D'Etat will be on for a while this spring and summer, temporarily taking the place of the Workingman Mild that will return in the fall and winter.

In other news, we're opening a new brewery! We've announced plans to open a production brewery in the next year a mile and a half north on Kedzie. It's a big space and we are planning a tasting room and tours along lots of big tanks and a high-speed canning line. More details to come this summer as plans take shape.

Cheers,

Josh Deth

Chairman of the Party

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Smart Ball Sox @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 08:53 PM)
I have some feedback for you.

Thanks to an nth degree.

More than what I expected - thank you again kind Sir.

Sounds like the time of a life - which is my intention for my dad.

I got an email back from Brooks and he's going to get us on the field at some point too!

This is all coming together better than I could have imagined!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
Shameless plug of a favorite neighborhood watering hole

Someone else should take you up on this direction - sounds like a wonderful joint. :D

I however, and hi8is Sr.... both don't drink any longer.

Gasp. ;)

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 05:59 PM)
Thanks to an nth degree.

More than what I expected - thank you again kind Sir.

Sounds like the time of a life - which is my intention for my dad.

I got an email back from Brooks and he's going to get us on the field at some point too!

This is all coming together better than I could have imagined!

Seriously? You just emailed Brooks, and he hooked you up? Do you have any sort of history with him? Or is he just a very nice, accommodating man?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 06:10 PM)
Seriously? You just emailed Brooks, and he hooked you up? Do you have any sort of history with him? Or is he just a very nice, accommodating man?

Actually I think it's hi8is that's the very nice, accommodating man for buying the scout seats, which I'm sure aren't cheap. I'm not going to ask how much he spent on them, but when you have customers who spend a lot of money with you, you want to treat them properly.

You get unlimited food, theyll throw you hot dogs, etc whenever you ask for them. Also unlimited drinking which resulted in a very hilarious vomiting situation. If its cold they bring out hot chocolate.

They are great seats, I generally dont eat or drink enough to pick them over the seats that are one row towards right field.

Enjoy and be prepared to do some eating and drinking.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 12:10 AM)

I just emailed him and told him my intentions for my dad and the story behind our trip.

That's a good marketing director there - doing a small gesture like this does nothing but good for the team.

Hopefully after this loss tonight we go on an 8 - 0 run with our bullpen finally getting it together.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:24 AM)
I predict there will be some drinking of alcoholic beverages during this game.

By many other in the stadium, I am sure. As hi8is and hi8is Sr. both don't drink. ;)

This have changed a lot for me since 2005. :D

I have sat there a bunch of times. You get a parking pass for the lot closest to the park and right by the scout seats entrance. You eat a buffet underneath, no view of the field but there is a lot of cool sox memorabilia. The food is pretty good, very similar to the stadium club. Unlimited drinks, beer and alcohol. Then you go to your seats, which is a decent ways away. There is a popcorn machine, a barrel of peanuts and a good humor type ice cream freezer with various treats. Also a pop machine.

The seats are cushioned and bigger than the regular seats. Of course its a great view. There is a waitress service there with a menu of food like they serve in the club level. bascially sandwiches and nacho type things. You can get beer and some select mixed drinks. There is also a guy who walks around and throws hot dogs and polish sausage at you. Thats pretty fun.

Its a fun thing to do as a treat, but you would go broke sitting there a lot! I actually like the Jim Beam club better. Less people in there, the food is better and the bar is right next to the seats. But both are a great time.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)
I have sat there a bunch of times. You get a parking pass for the lot closest to the park and right by the scout seats entrance. You eat a buffet underneath, no view of the field but there is a lot of cool sox memorabilia. The food is pretty good, very similar to the stadium club. Unlimited drinks, beer and alcohol. Then you go to your seats, which is a decent ways away. There is a popcorn machine, a barrel of peanuts and a good humor type ice cream freezer with various treats. Also a pop machine.

The seats are cushioned and bigger than the regular seats. Of course its a great view. There is a waitress service there with a menu of food like they serve in the club level. bascially sandwiches and nacho type things. You can get beer and some select mixed drinks. There is also a guy who walks around and throws hot dogs and polish sausage at you. Thats pretty fun.

Its a fun thing to do as a treat, but you would go broke sitting there a lot! I actually like the Jim Beam club better. Less people in there, the food is better and the bar is right next to the seats. But both are a great time.

My brother gets those seats through work and I've gone with him a few times. ^ This is a pretty concise breakdown of the experience. There's a small buffet, before the game underneath. Pizza, pasta, carving station, chicken, etc. I wouldn't fill up here, though. When you get to your seats, you get a menu and can order sangwiches, hot dogs, etc. It's a good idea to tip the guy inside a few bucks (he'll bring you your drinks), and then outside, if it's a different person (and I think it usually is), tip that person a decent amount in the first inning and order drinks and food as you wish during the game.

Have fun. It's worth it.