4/6/11 - Sox vs. Royals - 1:10 (CSN)

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
I honestly don't know how you can complain about a team scoring 6 runs. That's not bad at all.

The six runs are not the issue it was getting shut down late in the game like the 8 pitch 10th or 11th that is leaving a bad taste with me and now the K with 1st and 3rd and nobody out.

These are the games you need to make up ground that the Sox do not and then wonder why they can not catch the Twins.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
The six runs are not the issue it was getting shut down late in the game like the 8 pitch 10th or 11th that is leaving a bad taste with me and now the K with 1st and 3rd and nobody out.

These are the games you need to make up ground that the Sox do not and then wonder why they can not catch the Twins.

Those innings wouldn't have been an issue had the bullpen done its job. Last night's game should have never went into extras. I don't think it's fair to blame the offense for scoring 6 runs.

Bingo. Looks like it's about to happen again.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)

Nah, that is all because we don't think happy enough thoughts when we play the Twins...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
It was already falling in game one. Where have you been? :lolhitting

In Vegas for a week, not sure why I didn't expect the doom and gloom so early though.

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
Too early for This.Team.Is.Dead? lol

No, it's not. This team just isn't good from everything I've seen. Can't field. Can't pitch. And can't hold what should be insurmountable leads.

What I'm wondering is how many years we have to see this crap before someone here acknowledge that something has to change with this coaching staff. No matter what out roster looks like, EVERY YEAR our guys play fundamentally terrible.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
Those innings wouldn't have been an issue had the bullpen done its job. Last night's game should have never went into extras. I don't think it's fair to blame the offense for scoring 6 runs.

but that did happen and just like last year once the bullpen blows a lead the game is over as the bats can not hit the other teams bullpen. Other than the first guy out of the pen in the opener, the other teams bullpens have seemingly shut the Sox down.

My issue right now is that nothing has changed from last year except the payroll as far as an approach to the game.

The starters and hitting are inconsistent from inning to inning, the bullpen is a crapshoot and the baseball IQ / fundamentals are extremely low.

The Twins are losing to good teams and the Sox are losing to crap teams.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
but that did happen and just like last year once the bullpen blows a lead the game is over as the bats can not hit the other teams bullpen. Other than the first guy out of the pen in the opener, the other teams bullpens have seemingly shut the Sox down.

My issue right now is that nothing has changed from last year except the payroll as far as an approach to the game.

The starters and hitting are inconsistent from inning to inning, the bullpen is a crapshoot and the baseball IQ / fundamentals are extremely low.

The Twins are losing to good teams and the Sox are losing to crap teams.

Disagree...we have the real Gordon Beckham instead of soph slump Beckham. Also, Dunn's had better at bats in a week than Kotsay had all of last year. I'm all for being a pessimist, but this is insane right now.