4/6/11 - Sox vs. Royals - 1:10 (CSN)

Escobar's ball almost went out, that's all I know...Ramirez missed the tag at 2B, the throw back beat him.

Baseball is ALWAYS a game of momentum. The "Danks is pitching" RISP struggles were epitomized by the triple play, which really did seem like a momentum shift in the first week. Now with Dunn out and Milledge's lack of defense leads to an early 2 run deficit.

Of course, if the bullpen/Sale holds yesterday, it's okay and we're starting 3-2 on the road. Hard to expect 4-1, but 2-3 is a huge disappointment after the hot start we got off to. But the Royals are playing with total confidence and we're back on our heels now.

Now back to the old ways of baserunning gaffes, bad defense and struggles with RISP. Last year, we were 2nd in the AL with RISP, but horrible the first two months and still not quite enough as we were playing catch-up all season, seemingly.

Thankfully, we don't see the Royals again until the 2nd week of July.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)
and what about Jeff Francis?

Haven't been able to see it, but what you have right now is a Royals team playing like they expect to win and a Sox team coming off of a bad loss with their worst starter on the mound.

Call for coaching staff change...year 5+.

Fixed for you. You haven't noticed the s*** going on so far has been an epidemic with this team for YEARS??? You'd think if Walker was noticing this swinging for the fences crap that something would be said and it would have changed a bit by now. I mean let's get real here.

Edited by TheBigHurt

Calling for coaching changes now is silly for so many reasons. For the Ozzie/Walker haters, they will be long gone if this team sucks this year. Hope for the best, but take comfort in knowing that if they underachieve, there will be wholesale changes.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
Fixed for you. You haven't noticed the s*** going on so far has been an epidemic with this team for YEARS??? You'd think if Walker was noticing this swinging for the fences crap that something would be said and it would have changed a bit by now. I mean let's get real here.

TOTALLY with you, how Walkers maintained his job THIS long is beyond me..Dont even get me started on Ozzie he's worn me out.

QUOTE (zygoat @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
Lasting Milledge should not be playing left field. Put him at DH - he has misread a ball and double clutched which cost us both runs.

Does it matter. We would still be getting destroyed.

Calling for coaching changes now is silly for so many reasons. For the Ozzie/Walker haters, they will be long gone if this team sucks this year. Hope for the best, but take comfort in knowing that if they underachieve, there will be wholesale changes.

I believe this has been said the last 3 years, too.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:15 PM)

Bouncing back in 08 will give some heart, but what are the odds that KW can find another combination of Danks/Floyd/Quentin/Ramirez to all have break-out/MVP/All-Star/ROY seasons?

It's scary. You'd have to think it would take at least 2 and probably 3 years after a complete rebuild.

And that's with complete confidence in Viciedo evolving into another Bobby Bonilla.

I guess nothing is surprising with the Sox since the first half of 2006...the one thing I'm 98.9% sure of is that we won't be paying Buehrle $14 million next season.

TOTALLY with you, how Walkers maintained his job THIS long is beyond me..Dont even get me started on Ozzie he's worn me out.

Ozzie's still here because of his longevity/loyalty with this team, and that's it, IMO. I mean it's not like he has a respectable attitude.