4/6/11 - Sox vs. Royals - 1:10 (CSN)

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 07:20 PM)
Realize that going "All In" with this rotation is not a wise thing to do.

What was he supposed to do, go sign Cliff Lee? Sure, he should have brought in a 6th starter with Mr. Fragile coming back from surgery, but still...there's a lot KW has done wrong the past few years, but this team should be good enough to compete.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)
Realize that going "All In" with this rotation is not a wise thing to do.

What else do you do then? Trade Floyd and Danks before they become free agents and/or their contracts expire?

Dump Edwin Jackson to the highest bidder after he's been traded numerous times already?

If the medical staff felt 90% or more confident that Peavy would be a similar pitcher to years past, waving the White Flag would be pretty inexcusable.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
History and current evidence says that won't stay that way. You can quote me on that.

They're professional hitters. Batting coaches are not necessary in the majors, and everyone here knows it. Blaming walker or crediting walker is just dumb.

And the great hitting with RISP continues.

With the exception of the early innings yesterday, this offense has been pretty miserable for 2 1/2 games now. It can't all be blamed on Dunn's absence.

Typical White Sox. Overall numbers look impressive until you start digging into them a bit.

Edited by caulfield12

They're professional hitters. Batting coaches are not necessary in the majors, and everyone here knows it. Blaming walker or crediting walker is just dumb.

Cool, then you'd agred with me if I said fire him (and try out someone else just to see if there's any change), right? lol.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
Cool, then you'd agred with me if I said fire him (and try out someone else just to see if there's any change), right? lol.

No, because it's a poor excuse for professionals to pretend they require a batting coach. They should hit regardless, especially if they're good hitters.

Cabrera now 10/17 career against Buehrle.

But the Royals' announcers are right...those two runs attributable to Milledge's horrid defense in the 1st really set the tone for this one, along with the 8th yesterday, the triple play and anemic Sox RISP BA since the beginning of game 3.

Edited by caulfield12

No, because it's a poor excuse for professionals to pretend they require a batting coach. They should hit regardless, especially if they're good hitters.

You're the one making excuses. You claim hitting coaches are pointless then when I suggest the changing of ours you avoid the idea? Typical around here. When bad habits don't change, you try new things, simple as that. This team has been offesively stupid for years now and no one's gonna say Walker has *nothing* to do with it.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
You're the one making excuses. You claim hitting coaches are pointless then when I suggest the changing of ours you avoid the idea? Typical around here. When bad habits don't change, you try new things, simple as that. This team has been offesively stupid for years now and no one's gonna say Walker has *nothing* to do with it.

Wtf? I'm the one NOT making excuses. Someone can't read.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 08:32 PM)

Instead of changing the hitting approach, I'd rather there be a change in the mind-set that outs while up to bat need to be valued, so stop making stupid running blunders on the bases and eliminate stolen base attempts. On the other side, show some type of proactivity in holding runners on or pitching out in obvious steal attempts.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
But the Royals' announcers are right...those two runs attributable to Milledge's horrid defense in the 1st really set the tone for this one, along with the 8th yesterday, the triple play and anemic Sox RISP BA since the beginning of game 3.

Well then we don't deserve to even come close to making the playoffs if one bad read on a flyball in the 1st inning can completely demoralize the team for the following 8 innings. Good teams can play over small mistakes. Good teams are resilient.