4/6/11 - Sox vs. Royals - 1:10 (CSN)

Just reading through the first few pages of the game thread and yes Milledge is horrendous in the outfield, you could have just watched opening day and figured that out, he's completely lost out there. And for whoever asked if he's worse than Pierre, considering Juan is a good defensive lf and Milledge is terrible, I'd say the answer would be yes.

Anyways, it'd sure be nice to get some runs now.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
Instead of changing the hitting approach, I'd rather there be a change in the mind-set that outs while up to bat need to be valued, so stop making stupid running blunders on the bases and eliminate stolen base attempts. On the other side, show some type of proactivity in holding runners on or pitching out in obvious steal attempts.

Or not pitching to good hitters in the 9th with a man on second, one out, and first base open?

No, let's blame Walker...again.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
cubs are keeping me entertained at least. the D'backs are terrible and they easily could have swept the cubs at home.

Only the Cubs won the first two.

Whenever I get demoralized about an early season loss, I think back to 2005 when Shingo blew a 3 run lead to the Indians in Game 3 of the season by allowing 3 home runs in the 9th. I'm sure none of us could sleep that night either.

Wtf? I'm the one NOT making excuses. Someone can't read.

Someone can't word posts correctly I guess.

"Hitting coaches are pointless."

"Then no reason for us to try a new one since things need to change, right?"

"No..."

lol. At the very least it's a contradiction.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
Someone can't word posts correctly I guess.

"Hitting coaches are pointless."

"Then no reason for us to try a new one since things need to change, right?"

"No..."

lol. At the very least it's a contradiction.

Again, no. My belief that they're pointless, because they are, kind of goes hand in hand that changing a pointless position won't change anything.

Someone can't read...again.

Edited by Y2HH

Soft tossing lefty on getaway day with home opener tomorrow is recipe for disaster. Thing is, bats better show up tomorrow against David Price. Don't want to lose that game and rely on Humber if you want to win that series.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
We are just having TERRIBLE at bats today.

Ya, this is a rather pathetic display by the bats today. Francis is quite hittable right now we're getting nothing. Jeff made a beautiful pitch against Pauly with 1st and 3rd and nobody out back a few innings ago but besides that our hitters just aren't having a good day up at the plate.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
I know that but they atruggling to be a team a home that can esily lose 100 games and the D'back starting pitching has shut them down and they suck.

They're .500, we are about to be less than .500. And the Cubs aren't considered good, we are.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)
I know that but they atruggling to be a team a home that can esily lose 100 games and the D'back starting pitching has shut them down and they suck.

That's quite a ridiculous way to look at things.

Again, no. My belief that they're pointless, because they are, kind of goes hand in hand that changing a pointless position won't change anything.

Someone can't read...again.

So it' more logical to do nothing at all when you have a recurring problem than at least TRY something when you, in theory, have nothing to lose?

Yeah, good logic.