4/6/11 - Sox vs. Royals - 1:10 (CSN)

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:57 PM)
Sox hitting .409 on the season with RISP, tops in the league, coming into today.

But...but they suck...statistics be damned, fire Walker and all our non problems are solved!

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)
A what is the criteria? 5 games? Needless to say we should have scored plenty more so fat.

Oh, so 5 games is not a significant enough standard to judge whether or not runs scored per game is useful, but it's absolutely enough time to judge that there's clearly something wrong with the offense and the whole coaching staff needs removed ASAP.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

Because IMO, while you have nothing to lose, you also have nothing to gain. So it's a waste of time, and an excuse for what are supposed to be professionals.

In other words, an excuse. You have problem that needs a change snd nothing to lose, you try something. Period. You're just afraid of the truth.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
I sure don't miss Wille Bloomquist

Me either!

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
they may be a hit in April but reality will settle in.

I agree, thankfully June and some call-ups won't be far behind...

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
Is Pods in the majors this year?

Blue Jays I believe.

I don't understand why everyone thinks Jeff Francis is terrible. He won 17 games for the Rockies, and his career numbers aren't far off from Gavin Floyd's...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
Oh, so 5 games is not a significant enough standard to judge whether or not runs scored per game is useful, but it's absolutely enough time to judge that there's clearly something wrong with the offense and the whole coaching staff needs removed ASAP.

No one calling for Walker's head is basing it entirely on the last three games, don't be silly.

Personally I'm of the opinion it doesn't matter much at all.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
In other words, an excuse. You have problem that needs a change snd nothing to lose, you try something. Period. You're just afraid of the truth.

Dude we do not have offensive problems...the statistics show that I'm right on this. We have one of the best offenses in the league and one of the best RISP teams, and you are outright IGNORING THE FACTS.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
Dude we do not have offensive problems...the statistics show that I'm right on this. We have one of the best offenses in the league and one of the best RISP teams, and you are outright IGNORING THE FACTS.

Statistical significance at this point is pretty much nil.

Once again people wanna ignore the last 4+ f***ing YEARS of the exact same. LoL.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)
Statistical significance at this point is pretty much nil.

:P

We scored enough runs yesterday to win, period. No reason to have lost. Blaming walker because so far is year we've had one game in which we only scored 1 run, while ignoring the other games that we averaged at least 6 is outright ridiculous.

The facts are in the last 4+ years our jitters are fundamentally retarded. But even though we have NOTHING to lose by making a change, making one is a bad idea, right?

Apologists... sheesh.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
I don't understand why everyone thinks Jeff Francis is terrible. He won 17 games for the Rockies, and his career numbers aren't far off from Gavin Floyd's...

That was 4 years ago. He's done nothing since (mostly due to injuries). And his stuff is pretty mediocre. Wouldn't kill you as a 5th starter. But that's about it. Think left-handed Freddy Garcia.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)
:P

We scored enough runs yesterday to win, period. No reason to have lost. Blaming walker because so far is year we've had one game in which we only scored 1 run, while ignoring the other games that we averaged at least 6 is outright ridiculous.

Same thing I told Balta: the Walker animosity is not based on 5 games this year. Any time the White Sox offense struggles, people will call for him to be fired, just like they've done for the last 4+ years.

I wouldn't call 6 runs some generally insurmountable number, either. You gotta be able to score off of other teams' bullpens.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)
That was 4 years ago. He's done nothing since (mostly due to injuries). And his stuff is pretty mediocre. Wouldn't kill you as a 5th starter. But that's about it. Think left-handed Freddy Garcia.

and he's on the royals.