4/6/11 - Sox vs. Royals - 1:10 (CSN)

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
Same thing I told Balta: the Walker animosity is not based on 5 games this year. Any time the White Sox offense struggles, people will call for him to be fired, just like they've done for the last 4+ years.

I wouldn't call 6 runs some generally insurmountable number, either. You gotta be able to score off of other teams' bullpens.

People were calling for him to be fired in 2005, too. :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
:P

We scored enough runs yesterday to win, period. No reason to have lost. Blaming walker because so far is year we've had one game in which we only scored 1 run, while ignoring the other games that we averaged at least 6 is outright ridiculous.

The only reason we lost last night (and are losing today) is because Bobby Jenks is no longer a part of the organization

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
That was 4 years ago. He's done nothing since (mostly due to injuries). And his stuff is pretty mediocre. Wouldn't kill you as a 5th starter. But that's about it. Think left-handed Freddy Garcia.

Right, I'm not saying he's good, but he's not terrible. He was well above average before shoulder/arm trouble...

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
and he's on the royals.

royals20sweep20rockies1.jpg

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
I love how stats show how awesome a 2-3 team is.

Assuming the 2 runs holds up, the Sox are averaging ~6.5 runs per game with a ~5.5 runs per game deviation. Just to illustrate why pointing to total runs scored 5 games in with one game accounting for almost 50% of your runs isn't exactly a good metric.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:12 PM)
The only reason we lost last night (and are losing today) is because Bobby Jenks is no longer a part of the organization

Disagree, so much. It's because Ozzie is still our coach.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:13 PM)
Assuming the 2 runs holds up, the Sox are averaging ~6.5 runs per game with a ~5.5 runs per game deviation. Just to illustrate why pointing to total runs scored 5 games in with one game accounting for almost 50% of your runs isn't exactly a good metric.

You're totally missing the point.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Anger at Greg Walker isn't based on 2011, hope that helps.

No, but it is misplaced anger. A hitting coach is the least important position, not just in baseball, but in all of sports. And anyone with the least bit of knowledge knows it.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
Right, I'm not saying he's good, but he's not terrible. He was well above average before shoulder/arm trouble...

:D

I guess there's too much traffic on all those Royals fan boards. Glad you're enjoying the game thread.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
And getting mad at this game because of what happened in 2007 is smart because?

Not my argument, but it's a reason to continue a long-standing tradition of bashing Walker whenever the offense underperforms. Just thought your guys' counter-points didn't exactly make much sense.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
No, but it is misplaced anger. A hitting coach is the least important position, not just in baseball, but in all of sports. And anyone with the least bit of knowledge knows it.

Well, that's the typical answer. So why not fire the guy if he's so unimportant? Cut payroll a little, don't even bother with a replacement.

People were calling for him to be fired in 2005, too. :lolhitting :lolhitting

We Ron in 2005 on pitching, dude. It wasn't a terrible offensive year but our success that year was not attributed much to our offense.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)

Cool pic, and you'll still likely finish 4th or 5th in the division like EVERY YEAR so dont get too excited over 6 games of your season big guy.