4/6/11 - Sox vs. Royals - 1:10 (CSN)

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
Jesus, Gordon and Butler are like Mauer/Morneau lite.

Butler's only problem offensively is he doesn't hit for enough power. He's been a good hitter for a couple years now. Gordon looks like he finally might be figuring it out. He is, after all, only 27. A little scary considering the pending arrivals of Montgomery, Hosmer, Myers, ect.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
It was a dick move, but I couldn't resist. I don't get the opportunity to gloat much, so I've got to capitalize!

I got banned a while back from RoyalBoard, it's the only decent Royals' forum that I know of...

Nah, not a dick move. It's all in good fun.

And I'm with ya, I've been banned from a Sox site probably 3 times now before I came back here. lol. I also used to tour other team's gamethreads, but a lot of people don't like outsiders and god forbid they lose while I am there, they throw a s***fest about it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
Butler's only problem offensively is he doesn't hit for enough power. He's been a good hitter for a couple years now. Gordon looks like he finally might be figuring it out. He is, after all, only 27. A little scary considering the pending arrivals of Montgomery, Hosmer, Myers, ect.

What you should remember about Butler and Power is that the SOB turns 25 in 2 weeks.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
Not my argument, but it's a reason to continue a long-standing tradition of bashing Walker whenever the offense underperforms. Just thought your guys' counter-points didn't exactly make much sense.

Well, that's the typical answer. So why not fire the guy if he's so unimportant? Cut payroll a little, don't even bother with a replacement.

I'm fine with that. But bringing in a new hitting coach is NOT the answer for this teams early season woes, that's all I'm saying. Making changes, just for the hell of it, which is what people are suggesting here is poor management, in baseball, or in business.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
It was a dick move, but I couldn't resist. I don't get the opportunity to gloat much, so I've got to capitalize!

I got banned a while back from RoyalBoard, it's the only decent Royals' forum that I know of...

I certainly don't mind it! Good to have you around.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
:D

I guess there's too much traffic on all those Royals fan boards. Glad you're enjoying the game thread.

Nah, you can by the background of the picture that they are all at the games. All 8000 of them.

Not my argument, but it's a reason to continue a long-standing tradition of bashing Walker whenever the offense underperforms. Just thought your guys' counter-points didn't exactly make much sense.

Well, that's the typical answer. So why not fire the guy if he's so unimportant? Cut payroll a little, don't even bother with a replacement.

I'm tired of hearing people claim the hitting coach has NO bearing on the actual offense yet are adamant about not changing the one we have. It's a flat out contradiction, period.

QUOTE (peanut33tillman @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
Cool pic, and you'll still likely finish 4th or 5th in the division like EVERY YEAR so dont get too excited over 6 games of your season big guy.

Settle down, he's having some fun. We're 5 times into the year, so getting this defensive is rather silly.

Game's not over yet anyways!

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
The Fearsome Mark Teahen.

Didn't you hear Hawkaroo?!?! Dag gumb it, he just missed it (as the ball lands in a MIT in shallow right).

Yes, Hawk, hebjust missed the home run...on a T-Ball field with a 120 foot right field fence.