4/6/11 - Sox vs. Royals - 1:10 (CSN)

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
Not bagging on the team. I loved the comeback today, but why is it so tough to close when you are named THE CLOSER?

Matt was amazing at times last year when he was not the closer.

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
Sale would be better as a closer. He has 2 above average pitches, AJ just puts down 1 finger when Matt pitches

Oh stop it. Matt will be fine. He's pitched in more high-leverage situations than a lot of closers over the last few years, anyway.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
Phew.

Unfortunately, our three worst hitters (led by the worst player in baseball) are due up next.

You are not good at this game.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
Honestly, I feel like we are playing with house money right now anyway.

I don't know how you can feel that way. I'd rather lose 6-0 then score 4 off the second best closer in baseball with two out and nobody on to take the lead only to give the game away.

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
Sale would be better as a closer. He has 2 above average pitches, AJ just puts down 1 finger when Matt pitches

Thornton has always reminded me of a lefty Kyle Farnsworth with much better command.

I've never been comfortable with a one-trick pony closing. But it's very difficult to argue with his last few years, especially considering that he was often brought in tight situations against accomplished hitters.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
You guys may laugh, but Sergio will be our closer the majority of the time when we go to closer by committee.

I'm not laughin...I think the same thing.