Adam Dunn had emergency appendectomy last night.

justBLAZE

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
Sweet f***ing Christ, back off from the ledge everyone. We haven't even played a f***ing home game yet. We lost a game in extras last night and now Dunn is out 5-10 and you'd think the season was already over and we had the worst bullpen in the history of the game.

No sh*t!!!!

We're not even a week in and people are slitting their wrists already?

Although, that said:

I never jumped off of a ledge. I just said that all of the extra optimism I had is dwindling quickly. It's just looking like every other year where we have either pitching or offense, but neither at the same time.

That does always seem to be the case, doesn't it?

But sorry, I don't get out the razors until around the ASB.

Edited by LVSoxFan

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 11:58 AM)
No sh*t!!!!

This just in!

While we're playing .500 ball against the eventual 4th and 5th place teams in the Central, we are failing to gain good ground over Detroit and Minnesota. When we start playing good teams we know Detroit and Minnesota will beat up on these same 4th and 5th place teams during that stretch.

Games still count in April.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
This just in!

While we're playing .500 ball against the eventual 4th and 5th place teams in the Central, we are failing to gain good ground over Detroit and Minnesota. When we start playing good teams we know Detroit and Minnesota will beat up on these same 4th and 5th place teams during that stretch.

And now this just in!

The season's not even a week old!

Seriously now...

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
He should miss up to three weeks - it's not exactly an easy procedure. It depends if the appendix ruptured or not.

Not the end of the season, but still a pain in the ass.

I'm going to trust the medical professionals that are actually around the scenario that are saying 5-10 days. And considering it was laparoscopic, I'm going to say assuming that it didn't rupture.

This just in!

This just in!

Minnesota and Detroit will lose games to Cleveland and Kansas City too! And the Sox still have 15 and 17 games left against those two.

There are still 5 months of baseball left after April.

This just in!

We won the series in Cleveland. We aren't gonna go 18-0 vs. them.

edit: And neither will Minnesota.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
We won the series in Cleveland. We aren't gonna go 18-0 vs. them.

edit: And neither will Minnesota.

BUT DUDE WE ARE 0-1 AGAINST THE ROYALS HAVING LOST IN EXTRAS JUST LAST NIGHT. SEASON OVER.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
I could have sworn Matt Holliday was going to miss a month because of his. My friend just had an emergency appendectomy like 2 weeks ago and is still in the hospital I believe. He also is not a million dollar athlete though.

Read back a page or two, I asked the same question and it was answered.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 11:58 AM)
No sh*t!!!!

Although, that said:

That does always seem to be the case, doesn't it?

But sorry, I don't get out the razors until around the ASB.

Yes, always.

This just in!

It's something people never seem to understand or at least admit. When we end up losing the division by a few games, which we often do, the difference could have been made up early in the season. It's a reason why the Sunday lineups are a terrible idea. It's always "it's just one game" or "every team has a stretch like this" or "every team has an opponent they can't ever seem to beat", but we do it far too often.

And again, I can't stand the fact that (and obviously this isn't necessarily the case this season) we always have one aspect of the team that underachieves miserably and likely costs us the division. We'll have a great offense one year, but the pitching will suck. We'll have great starting pitching, but the bullpen will blow. We'll have a great bullpen, but the offense can't score on anything other than a homer.

Of course it's too early in the season to say that this will happen again, but it happens so often that even the slightest hint of it makes me wary. All I do know for sure is that this pitching staff needs to get its s*** together. Between the starters and bullpen, they've got to be making somewhere between $70 and $80 million dollars.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)
I'm going to trust the medical professionals that are actually around the scenario that are saying 5-10 days. And considering it was laparoscopic, I'm going to say assuming that it didn't rupture.

This just in!

Minnesota and Detroit will lose games to Cleveland and Kansas City too! And the Sox still have 15 and 17 games left against those two.

There are still 5 months of baseball left after April.

I'd be willing to bet that they don't lose as many to them as the Sox do, though.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 12:43 PM)
The things that we have seen thus far this year was what cost them last year.

Poor Fundamentals

Being shut down by bullpens

Questionable bullpen work.

But instead of discussing this, we should all keep making sarcastic remarks such as:

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
BUT DUDE WE ARE 0-1 AGAINST THE ROYALS HAVING LOST IN EXTRAS JUST LAST NIGHT. SEASON OVER.

or

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 12:37 PM)
this.team.is.dead.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
I'd be willing to bet that they don't lose as many to them as the Sox do, though.

We'll see. If Sale doesn't throw a pitch right down the middle of the plate to Butler, the Sox probably end up winning that game. And in all reality, that is a game they win any time from May to September. I don't think they won it last night because Ozzie is finding his comfort zone with the bullpen and Sale is still a bit rusty.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:44 PM)
We'll see. If Sale doesn't throw a pitch right down the middle of the plate to Butler, the Sox probably end up winning that game. And in all reality, that is a game they win any time from May to September. I don't think they won it last night because Ozzie is finding his comfort zone with the bullpen and Sale is still a bit rusty.

I didn't understand the rationale of giving Butler anything to hit in that situation. You had a lefty on deck and an open base.

While I agree that it's about three months too early to give up on the season, Milk's complaint about this team's historical inability to get out of the gate being a problem is a very fair one. And I'll add that this team's historical inability to play competitively in August and September has cost us multiple playoff appearances.

So, yeah, there is some justification for "here we go again" impatience right now.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
While I agree that it's about three months too early to give up on the season, Milk's complaint about this team's historical inability to get out of the gate being a problem is a very fair one. And I'll add that this team's historical inability to play competitively in August and September has cost us multiple playoff appearances.

So, yeah, there is some justification for "here we go again" impatience right now.

Thank you.

And just to rub salt into the wound, they manage to score no runs with no outs and men on first and third. Vintage...

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 12:06 PM)
And just to rub salt into the wound, they manage to score no runs with no outs and men on first and third. Vintage...

I'm still in the optimist camp, but I agree. Vintage Corpseball.