4/7/11 - Sox vs. Rays - 1:10 (CSN)

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
Nice to see Rios rewarded for his inept hitting so far and put 3rd. If the Sox don't look good against Price and Lilli sucks today the Milledge thread will get longer.

Rios is hitting .625 with 2 HR against Price.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
It's really quite disturbing, especially considering how much we struggle running the bases.

I'm not sure statistically how we've been over the years but I promise if it feels like we never throw runners out. I may be wrong it just seems that way.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
It's really quite disturbing, especially considering how much we struggle running the bases.

Yeah, and we never see other teams make baserunning mistakes against us.

And we also have no one who steals bases against other teams.

QUOTE (peanut33tillman @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)
I'm not sure statistically how we've been over the years but I promise if it feels like we never throw runners out. I may be wrong it just seems that way.

It has to do as much with several of our starters as it has to do with AJ.

QUOTE (peanut33tillman @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)

You're not wrong. AJ Pierzynski is not good at throwing out runners behind the plate, and a couple of the Sox's pitchers (Floyd, Garcia) have very slow motions to the plate. The Sox are, with AJ, generally at the lower end of the league in %ages.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)
People who do not want their fantasy player or a guy they liked to get pounded when playing against their own team disgust me. I hope your post was sarcasm.

No, my post was not at all sarcasm. Don't be such a sensitive codger.

I'm just hoping for the perfect scenario where Jackson and Price both throw shut-outs until the Sox beat the Tampa bullpen, that's a scenario that would help me out the most while still being happy with a Sox win.

Plus, my fantasy team in that dynasty league is built to win this year, I'm currently nursing a 12-2 lead in head-to-head scoring. :D