4/7/11 - Sox vs. Rays - 1:10 (CSN)

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
Great game from Jackson. 120 pitches is a lot in April but he definitely was on his game today. Wouldn't mind a couple insurance runs here though.

It's a sad case for your closer when you're thinking this. I for one miss Bobby Jenks, even though I realize we had to let him go....

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
It's a sad case for your closer when you're thinking this. I for one miss Bobby Jenks, even though I realize we had to let him go....

Cause if Bobby Jenks was still here, we would say, "Forget the insurance runs, let's keep it a one-run game! In Bobby we Trust!"

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 04:25 PM)

We scored 4 off Soria yesterday. It wasn't a knock on our closer just more saying i'd rather have more than a 2 run lead regardless.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
Correction:

Greg Walker either needs to teach these guys to bunt or hit the road.

Bunting is an essential skill for winning baseball.

At the major league level, they should already know how to bunt...they're just all bad at it, as are most modern players. They stab at the ball, repeatedly, and you learn in little league and beyond that you don't stab, you catch the ball with the bat...it's really not hard, and it's not something you need "taught" to you at that level of play.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
Cause if Bobby Jenks was still here, we would say, "Forget the insurance runs, let's keep it a one-run game! In Bobby we Trust!"

Ok, be as sarcastic as you'd like, but when Bobby was on I knew the game was over when he came in with the lead. Period. And I don't have half the trust in MT as I did with Bobby. As I say that, looks like MT is coming in for the 9th. I am holding my breath

Edited by JohnCangelosi