4/7/11 - Sox vs. Rays - 1:10 (CSN)

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:41 PM)
You would have if the clueless manager learned to just stay out of the way when his starters are pitching as well as Jackson.

but as someone mentioned a few days ago he loves to inject strategy in order to put his imprint into every game.

Sarcasm I hope?

No, it's just the fact that we score 5+ runs per game, yet you remain in denial. :P But your right, it's me that's biased. If the Sox were scoring 1 run per game, you'd have a point.

Ergo, you have no point. :P

We have seen 4+ seasons straight of poor overall offensive approach. I hope more than anybody that changes this year, but if you think 6 games out of 162 is grounds to say I'm in denial and have any grounds to be sarcastic when you've been arguing against fact, you're being... a word I can't say otherwise I'm probably gonna earn myself a perma-ban with my record. :D

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)
Are you gonna post that every time the Sox do well offensively? What about every time they don't? Making comments like these is ignorant and show bias...

And bias always shows.

Anyways, good win. I can't believe TB and Boston are both without a win, lol.

Oh, and believe me, I've been waiting for a game the last few days where we get shut out or only score 1 run, so I could make the same post. :P

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)
Sarcasm I hope?

I also wondered if that was sarcasm. What could anybody possibly have to complain about today's game??

I'm starting to love Sergio.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
INSULT THREADS ARE 2-0!!! Haha.

So should BigHurt and I continue insulting each other so long as we keep winning when we do? :D

I also wondered if that was sarcasm. What could anybody possibly have to complain about today's game??

I'm starting to love Sergio.

I'm not going to argue the point of whether Ozzie's a good manager or not here, but if the point is true, one good game doesn't prove or disprove the idea; same reason I'm arguing with Y over Walker. I guess in some people's minds it would take 100% of the games played with no offensive output to convince them there's a problem... after 4+ years. lol.

Anyway, Problems aside, a lot positive to take out of this season so far. Santos, Pierre and Quentin are pleasant surprises. Let's hope Rios keeps hitting as well.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
What approach is that, Ive already debunked the myth that Walker preaches lift and pull.

Everyone needs a scapegoat though!

A scapegoat for... the Majors' top offense through 6 games!

Soxtalk is hilariously negative this season. We are 4-2.

What approach is that, Ive already debunked the myth that Walker preaches lift and pull.

Everyone needs a scapegoat though!

No, no. It's not that I believe Walker preaches it. It's that I question whether he sees it going on and says/does anything about it since it has gone on for years.

Granted, my biggest gripe is how dumb they are on the basepaths and that obviously isn't Walker's fault.

Know what's funny? I'm generally hands-down one of the most optomistic guys on this board. If I see a problem I'll comment on it, but this Walker thing has been on my mind after NUMEROUS seasons; I'm not gonna come on here and declare "corpseball," "this.team.is.dead.," "the bullpen is gonna hold us back," etc. because it's far too early to be making any sort of movement to the edge. That stuff IMO is just SILLY.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
Soxtalk has been hilariously negative since 2006.

True.

I'm such a positive thinker when it comes to the Sox. We have an awesome roster, I don't understand all the freaking out so early in the season.

No, no. It's not that I believe Walker preaches it. It's that I question whether he sees it going on and says/does anything about it since it has gone on for years.

He sees it going on, he tells the players to change, its up to the player to actually listen.

Which is why batting coach is nothing more than a scapegoat position. If players do bad, you blame the coach. If players do well, you congratulate the player.

The player is the million dollar investment who you want to have a good mental attitude.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
True.

I'm such a positive thinker when it comes to the Sox. We have an awesome roster, I don't understand all the freaking out so early in the season.

We have no room for positive thinkers around here. :notworthy

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
True.

I absolutely love our roster.

Soxtalk has been hilariously negative since 2006.

Which was when this team started a long line of playing like s*** in at least one category. Plus, I think people start thinking differently after you win a World Series!

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
Im always positive until they are officially eliminated.

I'm not if I don't believe in the team but there's not much to dislike about this roster overall besides Humber(hopefully he's not here for long) and Tony Pena.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)

Granted, my biggest gripe is how dumb they are on the basepaths and that obviously isn't Walker's fault.

Know what's funny? I'm generally hands-down one of the most optomistic guys on this board. If I see a problem I'll comment on it, but this Walker thing has been on my mind after NUMEROUS seasons; I'm not gonna come on here and declare "corpseball," "this.team.is.dead.," "the bullpen is gonna hold us back," etc. because it's far too early to be making any sort of movement to the edge. That stuff IMO is just SILLY.

I don't know how you can fault Walker at all for anything last year; if anything, I give him credit for helping a team that had relatively no talent offensively into a middle of the pack offense.

It's like you are suggesting that he had nothing to do with Rios' surge in the first half, Pierzynski and Beckham's second halves, or Konerko's entire year, yet had everything to do with Omar Vizquel and Juan Pierre putting up mid .600 OPS's.

I have no qualms with Greg Walker at all. I don't think that you should either, but I will let you keep them if you so please.