WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

justBLAZE

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edwin throws strikes and it's just lights out. He was getting his slider and split over today and Tampa just had no chance.

Not to mention, the defense was very solid today and we had to manufacture some runs which we did. Like I said in my first post, this game was just a thing of beauty.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
I wish I could have seen Jackson pitch. Sounds like he was in rare form. Or, maybe that's going to his form for the season?

If it is, he'll get himself a Cy Young.

AJ did pretty much everything he could to lose this game. He's going to be, by far, the weakest link in the lineup this year. I expect everyone else to have a good year offensively, but he'll be the guy we'll be wishing weren't up in a big situation.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:48 PM)
AJ did pretty much everything he could to lose this game. He's going to be, by far, the weakest link in the lineup this year. I expect everyone else to have a good year offensively, but he'll be the guy we'll be wishing weren't up in a big situation.

This I completely agree with.

If it is, he'll get himself a Cy Young.

Not sure about that...I think AJ will rebound.

He's a 34 year old catcher. It's to be expected. He'll be hitting 8th or 9th soon, and I'd still rather have him in there than Flowers or the handful of crap free agents that were available this offseason.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
He's a 34 year old catcher. It's to be expected. He'll be hitting 8th or 9th soon, and I'd still rather have him in there than Flowers or the handful of crap free agents that were available this offseason.

I agree with this and I'm sure Milkman does as well. I was happy to bring AJ back because he's still a legit catcher who can handle a pitching staff quite well but there's no doubt in my mind that he's going to be the major weak link in the offense this season.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)

Buuuut I might prefer Ramon Castro over AJ Pierzynski.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
Buuuut I might prefer Ramon Castro over AJ Pierzynski.

Against say a David Price? Yes. I don't really understand why Castro wasn't out there today, especially since AJ wound up in yesterday's game as well.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
Jackson! :cheers:

Pierre! :cheers:

Alexei! :cheers:

Santos! :cheers:

Lot of positives to start this season... with the bullpen overall was one of them. Let's hope it gets better!

You forgot:

Greg Walker! :cheers

Sorry, couldn't resist. I just noticed you live by me, too...I live in Clearing. :P