4/8/11 - Sox vs. Rays - 7:10 (WCIU)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
the "John Danks is not an ace" stuff was the first thing I saw when I opened this thread

Well, he's not. Sorry to break it to you. The best starter on the Sox would be the Phillies 4th starter.

As long as the current management is in charge, you won't see aces in a Sox uniform unless they outbid themselves for another use-to-be-ace who's arm was ready to fall off.

Repeating...John Danks - an ace he is not!!

Edited by mcgrad70

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)
Well, he's not. Sorry to break it to you. The best starter on the Sox would be the Phillies 4th starter.

As long as the current management is in charge, you won't see aces in a Sox uniform if any unless they outbid themselves for another use-to-be-ace who's arm was ready to fall off.

Let's compare our staff to someone besides the Phillies.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)

As long as the current management is in charge, you won't see aces in a Sox uniform unless they outbid themselves for another use-to-be-ace who's arm was ready to fall off.

LOL, Don't be an idiot. Most people's aces would be a 4th starter on the Phillies.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)

yawn

Lol at firing Walker.

You're "loling" at ME when you were the one who argued because "you believed" that it wouldn't make a difference that it wasn't a good idea, even with NO drawback and NOTHING to lose.

And NOW you argue that it's not Ozzie's fault for not pulling a guy in a 2 run game who's clearly out of stream because "tired or not, he should throw strikes?" So just let things spiral out of control when you can do something about it? What do you think a bullpen is for?

You are utterly hysterical.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 09:07 PM)
You're "loling" at ME when you were the one who argued because "you believed" that it wouldn't make a difference that it wasn't a good idea, even with NO drawback and NOTHING to lose.

And NOW you argue that it's not Ozzie's fault for not pulling a guy in a 2 run game who's clearly out of stream because "tired or not, he should throw strikes?" So just let things spiral out of control when you can do something about it?

You are utterly hysterical.

Firing walker when the team is scoring is what's truly stupid. But you are free to base every opinion you have of him from 3 years ago.

As for Danks throwing strikes. He wants to make ace money, which is why he wont extend with us year after year...so Oz puts him in an ace situation and he folds...and you jump on Oz.

If you wanna call me out...fine, consider yourself owned.

Well no...in not buying your brand.

You lose.

Edited by Y2HH