ChiliIrishHammock24

4/8/11 - Sox vs. Rays - 7:10 (WCIU)

Now that Bobby's gone, I may be argument free this year.

Ozzie's still here, though! ;)

That was your fault right there.

Yeah... trying to use basic, elementary logic is always shooting yourself in the foot, I don't know what I was thinking. :lolhitting

I'm sorry, man. No more arguing on my front. I thought managers were supposed to pull their pitchers when they start falling apart. I now know that if they are making a lot of money, you just leave them in there and lose yourself the game because the money you are paying them is more important than your team winning. I understand now.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 02:28 AM)

Yeah... trying to use basic, elementary logic is always shooting yourself in the foot, I don't know what I was thinking. :lolhitting

I may not be as big an Ozzie homer this year. We shall see.

I may not be as big an Ozzie homer this year. We shall see.

Well I really can't imagine him being much worse than usual this year... IMO that would be almost impossible.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)
Didnt the pitcher step off the rubber before faking to first?

Yes he did. It wasn't a balk.

Hopefully that cruddy inning won't mean squat. We still lead by one at home.

Get er done, Sox.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)
Yes he did. It wasn't a balk.

Ok, thanks. I didnt see anything wrong with it but lots of people are claiming balk. I might need to invest in dvr so I can rewind these things.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 02:34 AM)
Ok, thanks. I didnt see anything wrong with it but lots of people are claiming balk. I might need to invest in dvr so I can rewind these things.

The play he balked on was a different one when it looked like he tried to kick dirt in front of him after he came to a stop. Really about the most blatant balk you can imagine.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)

I'm sorry, man. No more arguing on my front. I thought managers were supposed to pull their pitchers when they start falling apart. I now know that if they are making a lot of money, you just leave them in there and lose yourself the game because the money you are paying them is more important than your team winning. I understand now.

I actually agree with that, in reality, but so long as the sox keep winning when I troll, I will continue to troll. So :P

Just a random thought during the commercials. So..on a day when Rios needs off who plays CF? Lillibridge? Pierre?

Doesnt it feel a little off praising Crain tonight?! I mean, I know he's ours now...but he tormented us for years...and now he's helping us.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
Just a random thought during the commercials. So..on a day when Rios needs off who plays CF? Lillibridge? Pierre?

Maybe we should have brought back Andruw.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 02:40 AM)

Lillibridge or Mackowiak

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 02:41 AM)
Dan Johnson can play 3B?

Not according to someone who saw him play hundreds of games in Durham