MASTERS

Yep, a lot of eyes are gonna be on Tiger this w/e, will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure.

Rootin for Geoff Ogilvy myself. So many Aussies have choked at the Masters over the years (cough Greg Norman), it'd be nice to see someone actually not do that and win it.

Was not expecting this round today from Tiger. Golf is just more interesting with him near the top. Like him or hate him.

I'm pulling for him for some reason. Probably just to counter act all the haters.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 09:35 PM)
Was not expecting this round today from Tiger. Golf is just more interesting with him near the top. Like him or hate him.

I'm pulling for him for some reason. Probably just to counter act all the haters.

It really is and with McIlroy, Day and Fowler all in the mix you also have the future of golf all vying for the title. Should be fun.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)
Hope you're watching, it's a great one

Exciting stuff. Interesting thing to me was when Tiger was making his front nine charge players weren't crapping their pants and dropping bogeys like in the past. The eagle miss on the back nine was shocking

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 05:03 PM)
Exciting stuff. Interesting thing to me was when Tiger was making his front nine charge players weren't crapping their pants and dropping bogeys like in the past. The eagle miss on the back nine was shocking

After Tiger actually played well on the front 9, I was expecting him to put up 62 or some silly s***.

Schwartzel is really playing well. Just not tripping over his own feet and is making atleast par every time. Never go backwards, always stay the same or move forward.

• 4 months later...
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
PGA Champ. started today. Tiger was -3 thru 5, finished +7. The epic fall continues.

My guy Stricker in the lead right now.

There are so many people who get upset at this statement, but I think Tiger is done winning majors. He might have one last swan song a la Jack in 1986, but that's about it. I say that partly due to the off the course stuff, but more due to all of his injuries catching up with him.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
There are so many people who get upset at this statement, but I think Tiger is done winning majors. He might have one last swan song a la Jack in 1986, but that's about it. I say that partly due to the off the course stuff, but more due to all of his injuries catching up with him.

I don't know about "done," only because his game has always been particuarly suited to Augusta, so he stands a good chance to pick up a couple more there, just because of that. Generally, though, I agree. At one point, he seemed a vitual lock to surpass The Bear's record. Now its looking much more safe.

And partly due to the 8-12 guys under the age of 25 that are tearing up the tour. Was watching the tournament in Vancouver 2 weeks back and guys were hitting NINE irons 240+ yards. Tiger can't compete with that anymore. That was his bread and butter.

I concur. There is just something missing both physically & mentally with him. He's always had his way at Augusta, so maybe he has one memorable weekend, but overall he's just not the same player.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
And partly due to the 8-12 guys under the age of 25 that are tearing up the tour. Was watching the tournament in Vancouver 2 weeks back and guys were hitting NINE irons 240+ yards. Tiger can't compete with that anymore. That was his bread and butter.

Just imagine how excited J4L would be if he liked golf...

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)

Who hits a nine iron 240+?