White Sox vs Tampa Bay game thread 4-9-11

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)
This guy needs to be our closer.

concur. he will be when it's all said and done. it's a shame it'll take like 4 more blown games before Oswaldo realizes it....

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
Get a couple more runs so we don't have to waste anymore of our relievers. Even Tony Pena can get 3 outs with a 5 run lead.

don't s*** yerself...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 05:41 PM)
Are people seriously ready to hand over the closer role to Santos over the much superior Thornton over a couple games? Thornton has more than earned the benefit of the doubt at least through April.

He's had a history of having trouble closing out games including this year. So yeah, I've seen enough of Matt.

Are people seriously ready to hand over the closer role to Santos over the much superior Thornton over a couple games? Thornton has more than earned the benefit of the doubt at least through April.

As has been said, too one dimensional to be a closer, IMO. No proof Santos will be more successful but he seems to suit the role better.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)

I am. I honestly don't think Thornton has a closer's mentality...plus the fact of all fastballs. Loved him where he was...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 10:41 PM)

Yes I despise lefty closers.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)
Didn't Kalapse disprove this notion? I'm not quitting on Matt on April 9th.

Oh I don't know. Perhaps. I think some of the other guys added other reasons i'd agree with.

That was a quick eighth.

This is a big inning for our season.

Are we going to repeat last night and show we again are a maddening team?

Or do we mow down this s***ty Rays team and simply bag a nice, clean 4-1 win??