White Sox vs Tampa Bay game thread 4-9-11

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take it. Does Sale get a save for that?

Nice job by the kid. Maybe the experience of giving up a run and putting the tying

run on will help him in the long run.

There was some pressure there to complete the deal.

We win.

Let's get 3 of 4.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 05:49 PM)
I like Oz, but not letting Sergio open the ninth was big D dumb.

Well I loathe him...he is the worst handler of a pitching staff I've seen in the decades I"ve watched this sport.

No one on the planet can explalin to me why on earth you need 3 pitchers to get 9 outs.

Every year we end up with an exhausted bullpen by mid-season.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 04:55 PM)
Well I loathe him...he is the worst handler of a pitching staff I've seen in the decades I"ve watched this sport.

No one on the planet can explalin to me why on earth you need 3 pitchers to get 9 outs.

ok Bobby....

That's a big bounceback win for the Sox. Seemingly on a yo-yo so far this season with the hot start, collapses against KC and TB...but they've responded well and haven't let it affect them adversely. Humber stepped it up, and the defense played well. Fuld must have saved at least 4 runs for them in RF.

However, it would be nice to see a 1-2-3 inning by a closer. Even Jenks did that occasionally, although not as much the past few seasons.

Will be interesting to see if they hit Felipe Lopez with a pitch Sunday.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 11:55 PM)

I think it's reasonable to say Sergio coulda breezed through the ninth.

I also agree a guy can go 2 innings once in a while.

QUOTE (WinorDie88 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 05:59 PM)
I just don't get it. AJ sounds like a nice guy just by listening to his interviews. He's very modest and assertive. Nothing douchy about that.

Didn't Lopez throw the bat towards Sale on his homer, after complaining about a pitch that didn't come all that close? AJ is always going to protect his pitchers, period.

And why would Sale even try to hit Lopez in that situation? Makes absolutely ZERO sense, especially after the way the previous night's game ended for the Sox.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 06:04 PM)
Didn't Lopez throw the bat towards Sale on his homer, after complaining about a pitch that didn't come all that close? AJ is always going to protect his pitchers, period.

And why would Sale even try to hit Lopez in that situation? Makes absolutely ZERO sense, especially after the way the previous night's game ended for the Sox.

Yeah he did. I absolutely agree with you. It's total bs on Lopez's part. To be clear though, my comment about AJ was more referring to a thread a few days ago on here where someone posted a report from an insider that hardly anyone in our clubhouse liked AJ. It really baffles me on why that is. I watch him play the game and give interviews with the utmost courtesy and respect. This whole bad rep thing AJ has is starting to annoy me.

QUOTE (WinorDie88 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 06:12 PM)
Yeah he did. I absolutely agree with you. It's total bs on Lopez's part. To be clear though, my comment about AJ was more referring to a thread a few days ago on here where someone posted a report from an insider that hardly anyone in our clubhouse liked AJ. It really baffles me on why that is. I watch him play the game and give interviews with the utmost courtesy and respect. This whole bad rep thing AJ has is starting to annoy me.

I know one thing, he's got to be the starter or there's no point on having him on your club.

It has seemed clear for a couple of years he had zero interest in mentoring Tyler Flowers and preparing him for a starter's role. I understand, all professional athletes have pride and want to start, but there's a more professional way of handling things. For every AJ or Michael Young, there's an Omar Vizquel or Juan Pierre (who has worked with Mitchell the last couple of spring trainings, especially in 2010).

QUOTE (WinorDie88 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 06:12 PM)

If AJ was as despised as advertised, the Sox wouldn't have brought him back. He's not everyone's cup of tea, but there are plenty of White Sox who have his back.