AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
I was expecting a loss today. Glad to see I was proven wrong. Let's win the series tomorrow!

You should never expect a loss. The Sox have a championship type team so we don't expect to lose ever.

Was Humber's day enough to give him another start? Is it worth skipping the 5th spot with the off day coming up Thursday?

Weather-permitting, we don't have another off day for three weeks after Thursday so I'm leaning toward Humber starting Friday and giving the rest of the rotation one more day of rest.

QUOTE (gettysburg32 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 04:52 PM)
Was Humber's day enough to give him another start? Is it worth skipping the 5th spot with the off day coming up Thursday?

Weather-permitting, we don't have another off day for three weeks after Thursday so I'm leaning toward Humber starting Friday and giving the rest of the rotation one more day of rest.

I think so. Peavy won't be back till late April early May at the earliest. Humber looked as good as any Sox starter this year besides Jackson.

QUOTE (gettysburg32 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)

It all depends on how the pen gets worked. If they keep having a heavy work load, we need to skip and use Humber in the pen.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
Nice job by Humber, but I hope they stick with the plan and skip him until April 19th, when it should be another Wade Davis matchup at the trop.

We've got a long string without any offdays coming up at the end of this month...giving everyone in the rotation an extra day off would be a smart move.

Didn't get to watch the game today but half of that was because I was expecting us to get our asses handed to us.....enjoy an 85 degree day in beautiful Atlanta or sit on the couch and watch Humber get shelled?

I was very pleasantly surprised to see how well Humber pitched today. Granted the Rays pretty much blow at this point but, nonetheless, Humber stepped up and filled that 5th rotation spot perfectly. :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
We've got a long string without any offdays coming up at the end of this month...giving everyone in the rotation an extra day off would be a smart move.

I don't think so. It's early in the season. Nobody should be worn out. The schedule is set up so all 4 main starters can get 33 starts. In a perfect world, Humber gets two or three, and Peavy gets 27 or 28.

Edited by flavum

I was at the game, so it was harder to tell just how good or bad Humber's stuff was. I saw the replay of the Damon and Upton strike outs, and those were some filthy breaking balls. Oh, and the Fuld catch was even better in person. You have no idea how much ground he covered cause they were playing Pierre very shallow.