Should Sox hit Felipe with pitch or not Sunday?

greg775

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep pitching inside - if someone gets hit, they get hit, but there's absolutely no reason now to throw at him. AJ backed his pitcher, then both the manager and the player "apologized." Who would look like the idiots if the Sox hit him on purpose after all that? Go win the game.

It was all in one motion so I could believe it was an accident, especially *if* he hadn't had the reaction earlier to being pitched inside. At regular speed when I saw it first, I didn't think it was on purpose. Plus he did put his head down and ran the bases. I'm of the just beat them again school.

QUOTE (hawkubes @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 01:45 AM)
I agree, and I wonder how many catchers would have done this. My guess is not very many. The fact that AJ did these means that the Sox don't have to plunk Lopez and risk an ejection, not to mention a free pass. That being said, I wouldn't mind it if they did it anyway.

I think most, if not all, catchers would have done the same exact thing.

I dont put much stock into what AJ did. He did what he was suppose to do there, nothing more nothing less. And frankly I would never expect him to actually start some type of physical confrontation. I still laugh at him for the fight with the Cubs he was involved with. He got jacked in the face, didnt do s*** about it and was the first one being led to the dugout. And while being taken to the dugout, he was flailing his arms up, trying to pump up the crowd. Dude, you didnt do s***.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)

I dont put much stock into what AJ did. He did what he was suppose to do there, nothing more nothing less. And frankly I would never expect him to actually start some type of physical confrontation. I still laugh at him for the fight with the Cubs he was involved with. He got jacked in the face, didnt do s*** about it and was the first one being led to the dugout. And while being taken to the dugout, he was flailing his arms up, trying to pump up the crowd. Dude, you didnt do s***.

You think that whole thing made AJ look bad???

QUOTE (since56 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 06:33 PM)
We lead the league in getting hit and are last in hitting others. Last year and so far this year. A.J. protects our pitchers? Our pitchers are supposed to protect our hitters. Hit back! Don't just be a punching bag!

Sox lead in getting hit by pitches, are last in hitting opposing batters, but I'd bet they've led the league in having their manager threaten to hit opposing batters publicly since Ozzie has been here, and that's the problem.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)

AJ knocked that punk Barrett on his ass with a good clean hit at the plate, knocked him out of the way and scored. Barrett responded by sucker punching AJ in the face which didn't even seem to phase AJ. At that point, if AJ retaliates he's facing a big fine and suspension. AJ rises above it and walks back to the dugout because he still got the best in that exchange--he scored, he knocked Barret on his ass and took Barrett's best shot without batting an eye. And yet, AJ still got suspended and fined which was pure BS.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 11:18 AM)
AJ knocked that punk Barrett on his ass with a good clean hit at the plate, knocked him out of the way and scored. Barrett responded by sucker punching AJ in the face which didn't even seem to phase AJ. At that point, if AJ retaliates he's facing a big fine and suspension. AJ rises above it and walks back to the dugout because he still got the best in that exchange--he scored, he knocked Barret on his ass and took Barrett's best shot without batting an eye. And yet, AJ still got suspended and fined which was pure BS.

I totally agree, although I feel like any catcher would have done what he did yesterday.

In other news, I don't think I could respect Maddon more than I do.