April 11th Game Thread White Sox versus Athletics

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I HOPE this is the case, I really do. In any event it's a horrible decision bringing in MT.

IMO, realistically Ozzie had to give him another shot. But as far as I'm concerned this experiment should be over now. Give Santos a shot now.

QUOTE (peanut33tillman @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 03:30 AM)
Couldnt disagree more Morel brought in a .290 avg (of course in a sample size of ABs) but he's hit the ball hard for the most part all season.

Batting 9th and getting a ton of fastballs.

Right now Morel just needs to start realizing that he is in the majors and that teams are tracking every pitch to him.

They are going to throw him nothing close until he makes them throw strikes. Its actually a great place to be as a hitter, he just needs to put the bat on his shoulder and take 1-2 pitches each at bat.

Juan messed up, no doubt...but that was 3 hard hit balls off our closer and I, for one, had absolutely zero faith that Matt would have gotten the third out any way, making the error academic. He looks like absolute crap out there. An 83MPH slider down the heart of the plate to the leadoff hitter was pretty much all I had to see to come to this conclusion.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
in his career ozzie has been a lot of things, but a manager with a short lease, i wouldn't say so.

I just can't imagine MB saying he was tired, but you're right usually he leaves the starters in too long. He looked so good in the 8th...strange...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
I'm quoting this just because it needs to be said again. There is no way that Buehrle was taken out by ozzie. Mark had to tell him he was tired.

He was tired giving up two hits - got it.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)
Juan messed up, no doubt...but that was 3 hard hit balls off our closer and I, for one, had absolutely zero faith that Matt would have gotten the third out any way, making the error academic. He looks like absolute crap out there. An 83MPH slider down the heart of the plate to the leadoff hitter was pretty much all I had to see to come to this conclusion.

+1