April 11th Game Thread White Sox versus Athletics

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure how Ozzie made a professional player drop a fly ball, nor how he forced Thornton to throw an 0-2 pitch down the middle, or Crain for that matter.

You pay the players to win games, these are mistakes that you hope a High School player wont make.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
This online feed is behind you guys, but that pitch Crain threw on the double down the line was a real good pitch. I can't believe that he got a piece of that.

That was a half-way excuse me swing from Kouzmanoff.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 10:37 PM)
How come every year this roster gets tight ass when there's even the slightest sense of urgency or adversity? Games against the twins last year, now just a f***ing save situation or close 9th inning game. It's bulls***

When your closer isn't good and Juan Pierre drops everything, it throws everything off for the pen. No one has a real role anymore. It's just a guessing game in the late innings. That's not going to work. They have the talent, but the decisions have been bad.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
I wonder what Boston's asking price for Bobby Jenks would be....it's certainly worth a phone call from Kenny to find out.

Don't even start.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)
This one is on Ozzie. Bad managing. Buehrle should have stayed in, and Thornton isn't a closer.

I better not hear Rongey's postgame bulls*** that it's too early to pull Thornton from the closer job.

He really isn't a closer....and yet Oz keeps putting him out there being the stubborn ass he is.