ill give kenny some credit here...(gulp)

baggio202

not too much because i thought it was rediculous to envoke the DSC in the first place and risk losing thomas but after frank didnt find a buyer KW could have brought him back at 300k if he wanted to..remember what he did to buehrle??...but this seems like a fair deal..

though we dont know exactly what happened..thomas could have gotten a good offer from the dodgers or somebody and used it as leverage to get KW to give him a descent contract since frank did sign before the deadline was up...i dont know if we will ever know but if KW did offer this contract without his hand being forced..maybe it means he might be learning how to treat his players better...atleast i can hope

Originally posted by baggio202

not too much because i thought it was rediculous to envoke the DSC in the first place and risk losing thomas but after frank didnt find a buyer KW could have brought him back at 300k if he wanted to..remember what he did to buehrle??...but this seems like a fair deal..

though we dont know exactly what happened..thomas could have gotten a good offer from the dodgers or somebody and used it as leverage to get KW to give him a descent contract since frank did sign before the deadline was up...i dont know if we will ever know but if KW did offer this contract without his hand being forced..maybe it means he might be learning how to treat his players better...atleast i can hope 

Kenny had nothing to do with this,this deal was done by JR and Arn Tellum,no one else was involved.

Originally posted by Poppy Hidalgo

Kenny had nothing to do with this,this deal was done by JR and Arn Tellum,no one else was involved.

guess that explains why i thought it was out of character for williams then;)

Originally posted by Poppy Hidalgo

Bingo.

Guest hotsoxchick1

wsf had kw been given full handlings of this deal then frank would be jobless right about now.......this deal screams of jr... and to tell ya the truth kw actually is in the dominican republic right now and has been there since tuesday.........so you know he didnt even want to be around when it all went down....baggs dont be givin him any credit... i am anxious to see how this all pans out this season.. and i still believe frank is setting himself up perfect for some type of move in the future.......just mho though.......

okay..i had a brain fart:o...its been reported in all the rags that JR saved the day..KW was out of the country...which explain why if KW did the deak it would be out of character for him...thats the last time i give that jag off the benefit of the doubt...especially when i read what he had to say about thomas (cant find the article - but it was in the daily southtown)

what a jag bag

you know , JR having to step in and keep us from losing the greatest player in sox history (btw , thomas was going to the dodgers until JR steppped in) should be a huge warning sign to JR that KW has to be fired...if JR cant see it after this he really needs to get his sorry senile butt out of hear

okay..i had a brain fart:o...its been reported in all the rags that JR saved the day..KW was out of the country...which explain why if KW  did the deak it would be out of character for him...thats the last time i give that jag off the benefit of the doubt...especially when i read what he had to say about thomas (cant find the article - but it was in the daily southtown)

what a jag bag

you know , JR  having to step in and keep us from losing the greatest player in sox history (btw , thomas was going to the dodgers until JR steppped in) should be a huge warning sign to JR that KW has to be fired...if JR cant see it after this he really needs to get his sorry senile butt out of hear

Are you f***ing serious? Holy s***....all praise JR!

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Glad to know KW is in the Dominican scouting out his players and probably getting a look at some other players.

scouting s***.. hes down on vacation and having a few rums with samme.........:P

Originally posted by witesoxfan

okay..i had a brain fart:o...its been reported in all the rags that JR saved the day..KW was out of the country...which explain why if KW  did the deak it would be out of character for him...thats the last time i give that jag off the benefit of the doubt...especially when i read what he had to say about thomas (cant find the article - but it was in the daily southtown)

what a jag bag

you know , JR  having to step in and keep us from losing the greatest player in sox history (btw , thomas was going to the dodgers until JR steppped in) should be a huge warning sign to JR that KW has to be fired...if JR cant see it after this he really needs to get his sorry senile butt out of hear

the article in the daily southtowne said one national league team made a serious offer for thomas..."inside sources " reported that last tuesday (i believe) thomas was in danny evans office...after that is when JR stepped in

Originally posted by witesoxfan

what a jag bag

the article in the daily southtowne said one national league team made a serious offer for thomas..."inside sources " reported that last tuesday (i believe) thomas was in danny evans office...after that is when JR stepped in

The fact that JR chose KW over Danny Evans, whether you like Danny Evans or not, is suspect. Danny Evans was groomed for the GM position by Schueler. KW showed great promise in acquiring HS and college talent. As GM, KW has done little to nothing in 3 years to justify his promotion over Evans. If anything, KW has weakened this team since then (IMHO). And still, JR allows him to GM the White Sox, a job in which KW is clearly over his head in. Makes you wonder what JR is thinking period..... not just when it comes to the Thomas thing. :mad:

Originally posted by cubkilla 

The fact that JR chose KW over Danny Evans, whether you like Danny Evans or not, is suspect. Danny Evans was groomed for the GM position by Schueler. KW showed great promise in acquiring HS and college talent. As GM, KW has done little to nothing in 3 years to justify his promotion over Evans. If anything, KW has weakened this team since then (IMHO). And still, JR allows him to GM the White Sox, a job in which KW is clearly over his head in. Makes you wonder what JR is thinking period..... not just when it comes to the Thomas thing. :mad:

you would think that after 3 years and JR still has to step in for KW that maybe he would see KW aint improving??

Guest hotsoxchick1

winter meetings around the corner... why does this scare me to death..... vet pitcher and possible catcher are what we are shopping for.....whos next to leave??stay tuned... this is going to be a cliff hanger.....or should i say going to have alot of us hanging from cliffs, awaiting the fall.......

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1winter meetings around the corner... why does this scare me to death..... vet pitcher and possible catcher are what we are shopping for.....whos next to leave??stay tuned... this is going to be a cliff hanger.....or should i say going to have alot of us hanging from cliffs, awaiting the fall.......

I think if they get an old, bad catcher, it'll be via free agency.

As for the veteran pitcher, you just never know with Williams.

Guest hotsoxchick1

old bad catcher.. isnt that what we always end up with anyhow.......lmao......they are either too young or too old... hardly inbetween... oh where is our pudge when we need him...